New Jersey
Options

Extensions/hair piece?

Have any of you gotten extensions or a hair piece for the wedding.  I have very fine hair that looks blah when it gets long.  Because it's so fine, there's not a lot that can be done with it as an updo, even when it's long. Have any of you gotten extensions or a hair piece for the day?  Did it work out for you?  I am trying to decide if that might be a viable option, or if I am going to have to keep my boring short hair.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Extensions/hair piece?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting a hair clip since I'm doing half up half down, I want waves and my hair is way to thin and unruly to pull this off on its own. I saw a girl at my salon do this for her wedding and it looked fantastic....she was even jumping up and down to make sure it won't fall out LOL
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kathy - How much are they charging you for the hair clip?
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you talked to the person doing your hair?  Mine is going to order something for me because my hair is on the thin side.  We looked at samples the last time I was there to decide on a color that matched my hair & highlight.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my clip in extensions from here:
    http://www.proextensions.com/

$100 for the 20" human hair clips.  They looked REALLY good. The color blended so well with my hair that you couldn't tell I had extensions in.  I only added them to create more fullness.  My hair is not thin though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_extensionshair-piece?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:6463b5c8-1580-432c-9a45-36f104dac40ePost:28aab932-70b8-47f7-8ff3-9a79f759050e">Re: Extensions/hair piece?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kathy - How much are they charging you for the hair clip?
    Posted by peaches85[/QUOTE]

I have to get one on my own, I haven't even started looking yet so I don't really know how much. My hair girl  told me to go to Passaic that they have human hair clips very good quality and cheap.
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards