Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My vote is for "two thousand and ten" per Wedding Paper Divas
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    two thousand ten.... at least thats what Im doing, these invitations are driving me nuts!!! I never imagined the work-load involved- to the dates for rsvp, etc!!
  • Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    edited December 2011
    I am going with two thousand ten. Sorry SMW
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    edited December 2011

See and you both differed opinions! Ahhh! It's driving me crazy!
    Other invitations I have received say two thousand and ten.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our invitation wording was done by the owner of the stationary store and she put Two thousand and ten.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think Crane says the proper way is two thousand ten, but both are acceptable. we are doing it without the and
    *~allie~*

• Options
    smw42smw42 member
    edited December 2011
    I feel a knottie poll coming on...
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My invitations said two thousand ten

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

SMW, I'll try to edit this into a poll

• Options
    edited December 2011

Nevermind, I couldn't edit and not going to repost

So please just provide comments :)

• Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I did "two thousand ten."

From what I've read, both are acceptable. English/grammar people will tell you that "two thousand ten" is proper, whereas math people will tell you that "two thousand and ten" is correct. It's a matter of personal preference.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am doing two thousand and ten....but I think MB is right...it is a matter of personal preference.
    Holly & Brendan
    Wedding date 10/8/10
    EDD 5/9/13 Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went with two thousand and ten
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Personal preference as was already mentioned; I did "two thousand nine" & I'd do "two thousand ten" for what it's worth, since you're seeking opinions :)
    A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_2010-brides-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:64de5506-215c-4693-98d7-71773aa04781Post:f3b04861-a5fe-4c19-a7c1-263f627ba892">Re: 2010 Brides - Invitations</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did "two thousand ten." From what I've read, both are acceptable. English/grammar people will tell you that "two thousand ten" is proper, whereas math people will tell you that "two thousand and ten" is correct. It's a matter of personal preference.
    Posted by mbcdefg[/QUOTE]

I think you might be mixed up here. Math people tend to say the "and" is wrong because it denotes a decimal point ($2000.10). Either way, the "and" is incorrect in U.S. usage. However, I <em>believe</em> it is common in British English, and that is why either is acceptable, particularly if you're using the British "honour" and "favour."

Crane discourages using the year line (as it's usually unnecessary), but says "and" is simply used as a connective word and is acceptable if you do include the year.
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    P.S. No one will notice or care anyway, unless you are inviting Irish, myself or another editor to your wedding. Wink
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing two thousand ten.  I agree with Melissa that the "and" being incorrect is a math thing, at least that's where I remember learning not to use "and" with numbers unless there's a decimal point.
    image 219 Invited image 149 Attending image 68 Declined image 2 Haven't Replied
    RSVP Date July 7
    My Bio updated 5/31/10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Melissa, I am using "honour" so I guess by using the "and" it is proper british - why I went british on invites, I don't know!  But thanks all for input
  • Options
    jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just ordered my proof today and I used the and, I didn't even think about it.  Now I'm thinking about it!!!!!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    chrissy31805chrissy31805 member
    edited December 2011
    i think i will use two thousand ten but this is something i never even thought of!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing two thousand and ten.  (Invitation order submitted today!)  I doubt anyone will notice the difference anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards