New Jersey
Options

AW: My dress!

FI is out of the apartment for a bit, finally!

Ok, so we've been engaged for over 2 years, and, for various reasons, ended up postponing planning. So, last summer, as FI was contemplating going back to school (where he now is), I got bored and insomniac and went online to look at dresses to make me feel better.

I saw The Dress. I immediately emailed my girls, and my mom, and said, "Ok, so we don't have a date, or the budget, but I love this dress. Mom, can we go try it on?" She said yes, and her, FMIL and myself went to DB.

I tried it on. Mom cried. I tried on a few others for form's sake (as well as seeing what I looked like in ivory, because I look D.E.A.D. in stark white). Meh. I tried on The Dress again. Mom cried. Again.

It was on sale, so Mom (who was going to buy my dress, anyway) bought it. Veil, crinoline, headpiece and all. We ordered in July, it came in by August, and now it lives at Mom's.

(I'm on two books, here, to simulate the high heels I'll be wearing.)

I love it. I walked around in it for 15 minutes just feeling wonderful. It needs a bit of taking in/cups in the bust, and obviously a bustle/shoring up the train holder, but other than that... it's perfect.

Re: AW: My dress!

• Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that dress looks great on you.  I am the one with the same dress for my reception.  Although I could never pull the straps off like you can, so I took them out.  I am hoping to get mine soon, they are just finishing up the final alterations.  I will post when I get it.  
  • Options
    berbmberbm member
    edited December 2011
    You look beautiful!  That dress was made for you.  Congrat's.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    pretty...it looks great from the back!
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Very pretty! The back is gorgeous.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Very pretty congrats on finding your dress!
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

looks great on you!

• Options
    JulepheniaJulephenia member
    edited December 2011
    Thank you, ladies. I truly love this dress. It's like the designer knows me. Now I just want to wear it where FI can see it. (He's got his head down looking at Summit Catering information right now. LOL.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards