New Jersey
Options

BM Style help!!!!

I need opinions on what style to go with for Bridesmaids & flowergirl. My dress has fll poof, w/ pick ups and I found BM dresses I really love but I'm questioning whether or not I should have same skirt style. And 2nd question if I do, do I also have same for my FG? Does anyone have pics of their wedding party with pickups in your gown & also BM's???
www.davidsbridal.com  (style T9670)
& www.billlevkoff.com  (style 437 in sable color)

*****Soon To Be Mrs. B***** Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: BM Style help!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't have pictures handy of BPs where everyone has the pickups, but I have seen pictures of them on facebook and such.  Personally I'm not a fan -- pickups are kind of "dramatic" (not sure if that's the word I was looking for) and having the bride AND the BP in dresses with pickups is just a little much, at least IMO!  I think it's nicer looking if you, the bride, stand out a bit with a different style of dress from the rest of the BP.  If you wanted to have just the FG in a dress with pickups, that might be ok because it wouldn't be as overwhelming as having everyone with pickups.  Just my opinion!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i have lots of pickups in my gown and a huge train and I thought about doing a similar style as your #437 for my girls at one point. But then I thought i want people to be awed by mine and didn't want their huge skirts to take away from mine so I did something a little less dramatic for them so my dress gets center stage : )

i choose a wtoo gown #367 for the bridesmaids- its still has a fuller bottom to mimic the outline of mine so they kinda match

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you have pickups in your gown and the BMs and FG all have pickups in theirs too, I think it's a bit much.  I understand wanting to stick to the same style, but I agree with pp who said it's a bit too dramatic.

Having said that, if you decide to do pickups for BM gowns, I love the Bill Levkoff you chose!
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I would not do pick-ups on BM dresses if your dress has pick-ups. I wouldn't want them to wear a dress similar to mine. (ie...my dress has a sinched waist and I saw a BM dress with a sinched waist but decided against the BM dress because I didn't want it too similar.) I think it would be too much.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if your dress has pickups, I would want something more understated for the bm's. 
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its like you went out and picked your dress for them in a color, find a very different dress, or you wont stick out as the bride.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards