New Jersey
Options

stressin over envelopes

How did you address your envelopes?   I'm leaning towards printing them, but I'm having a hard time finding a place to do them.  Does anyone have any recommendations?  TIA

Re: stressin over envelopes

• Options
    edited December 2011

FI's aunt does caligography, so we may ask her.

Either that or try to print them ourselves on the computer in a pretty font.

Honestly, enevelops are something I refuse to let myself spend money on. They end up in the garbage 10 minutes after guests receive them.

BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We printed them from the computer. Cheap and easy. Like PP said, people are just going to chuck them anyway.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ran them through my home printer.
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My invitation place printed them for us
  • Options
    LolyalyssaLolyalyssa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to buy those super CLEAR address labels and print the labels and stick them on the envelope.  I did this for my engagement party and it turned out great. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I printed mine at home and I think they came out really nice. There are pics in my bio with the fonts I used. For the replies we used the clear labels on pink envelopes.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I printed on my computer for both the invite envelopes and reply envelopes. Everyone keeps saying how nice they look. I am so happy we didn't spend money on a calligrapher for that- literally it's in the trash the second someone opens the invite.
    *~allie~*

• Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our family friend did them but had she not been able to we would have printed them on our printer.
  • Options
    tracey0916tracey0916 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister has her own calligraphy business so she is doing mine.  If she wasnt doing them I probably would print them on the computer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Foo13Foo13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

How did you do them at home?  With Microsoft Word?

• Options
    DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is gonna sound nuts, but I am printing them with a SUPER light gray color and then going over with a gold pen so that it looks like it is hand done calligraphy.

And yes, I used Microsoft Word.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we used our printer for the inner and the outer envelopes.  they came out really nice... you have to have a printer that you can feed the envelope in through the back so the envelope goes straight in. 
    (instead of curving around the mechanism inside..bc the envelope gets trapped...lol)
    the thickness of the envelope was tricky at times and thank goodness we had extra bc sometimes the ink went funny and printer lines on the envelope.
    we had lined envelopes...maybe thats why it was an issue.

anyway.. so that or clear labels.
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im doing the clear labels like someone else said.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ggrrrr, printing my own now.  the HP officejet is experiencing fatigue.  first evvelope comes out fine.  after that ink fades to blue and then light blue, so i can only do 3 envelopes. then have to shut if off and take a 2 hour break before i can get it to print black again.  only experiencing this problem with the envelopes. with regular paper it's fine :(

called 4 printers in the area. 4 were not willing to address the envelopes.  one is charging $2/each. no thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards