New Jersey
Options

Day of Coordinator?

Anyone considering or getting a day of coordinator?  Do you think it's necessary?

On one hand I feel like it will help the day run smoothly.. on the other hand my MOH is like a drill sergeant and is not afraid to tell someone what to do. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Day of Coordinator?

• Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recomment it. I had a MOH (sister) who was totally helpful and making sure everything happened as it needed to. However that day I wanted her to be dancing with me and having a blast not worrying about making sure things were happening.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm currently researching DOCs.... I really did not want to spend more than $1000 on this service.  It's proving difficult to find someone at or under the $1000 mark.    I was recommended someone by CherylandDan and i'll communicating with them this week.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! Laurie who did you use?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lucyslovelucyslove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For me a DOC was a total necessity!  I just didn't want to have to worry about anything they day of, and quite honestly, anything leading up to the day.  I spoke with quite a few DOC's before I found Sara Kate Events.  Once I met with Katie, I booked her immediately.  She was awesome!  She made everything go so smoothly the day of and helped me a ton with everything prior to the wedding.  I highly recommend her and certainly recommend the idea of a DOC too.  Also, her prices were reasonable compared with others I spoke with.  Contact info:    sarakateevents@gmail.com

PM me if you want anymore info :-)

HTH!!  Lucy
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I didn't have one bc my banquet manager told me that I wouldn't need one. She was right...my Maitre D (sp) was fantastic and kept everything in line and on point. Nothing went majorly wrong though. I am sure that in the event that it sis, I would be wishing I had one.

If you trust your venue/vendors, I wouldn't worry about having one.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    edited December 2011
    I totally trusted all of my vendors because I had used almost all of them in the past for other things and as far as I know nothing went wrong. I used Nerissa from Private Receptions. She was amazing and so was her team. She is on the higher range in terms of prices but I can recommend a few more people that I know well that are great! Email me at LauraMichelleSmall@ gmail.com and I can send you a few.

EDIT: Sorry I gave you the wrong email!!! LauraMichelleSmall@ gmail.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Gisselle from Madison Affairs, she came highly recommended here let me know if you're interested and I'll forward you her info.
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    chrissy31805chrissy31805 member
    edited December 2011
    i'm not using a DOC. if i can do everything on my own - booking, delivering favors, assembling invites - why bother spending the money on someone else to do it? plus if i dont like the person and they start getting pushy i would be miserable. IMO its a waste of money
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have one. Stacey from As You Wish. She's doing more than just DOC so I already know how great she is sicne we've been working together for almost a year. I defintely want someone to handle everything that day since we are having a tented reception. I have nightmares about rain, wind, and electricity disasters!!
  • Options
    gibribuzgibribuz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also using Stacey from As You Wish and she has been great.  I am using her for DOC as well as other services.  I like having someone to help me with wedding related things so I don't have to bother other people. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Stacey from As You Wish as well!  She is great....and for DOC service, has packages under $1000.
    Holly & Brendan
    Wedding date 10/8/10
    EDD 5/9/13 Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Roseinbloom2Roseinbloom2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Sara Kate Events!  
  • Options
    goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We did not have one, just felt it was a place to save some money.  Afterwards, I was so happy we didn't spend the money, it was totallly not necessary!  Our venue set everything up for us just as I explained in the directions I gave them.    Our maitre d was amazing and took care of everything all night.   IMO, I don't think it is necessary.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been in wedding where they have one and weddings where they have not had one. The coordinator didn't make one bit of difference. In fact, they seemed to make things more tense when they were there. All your professionals know what to do. Your hall knows what to do. If you have a contract with all your professionals, they know where to be when. You know what time your wedding is. You know where to be when. So why pay someone to tell you and the others what they already know?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards