New Jersey
Options

I want to send out our invitations NOW!!!

I guess I'm just that person that wants everything done now and that's one trait i hate about myself sometimes... I want to send out the invitations now because i kept trying to seat everyone @ tables and i keep taking this one from this table and putting them at another and then I'm not sure if this person is coming and my FI seems to think a few relatives of his are def. not coming and I'm just so annoyed and i know i shouldn't be doing this until i get the rsvps back but i can't help it. I've been doing this for 5 months now and I'm driving myself CRAZY! I should give this up for lent! haha..
I don't think i can wait until April  to send out the invitations so i might do it mid March.
Has anyone else done this?

Re: I want to send out our invitations NOW!!!

• Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think if you send your invitations too early, you run the risk of people either forgetting about it/putting it off ("These are so early, I have tons of time to respond!") or changing their response as it gets closer (either because they weren't sure of their plans when they responded or something came up closer to the date). I would wait.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think March is def. too early for a June wedding. I can only echo Melissa in saying that people will put it off because they have "tons of time." I'm sure there are other things you can do in the time being - table numbers, a do not play list, programs, etc. Just because you send the invites out doesn't mean everyone is going to immediately respond and it's not going to make your wedding day come any quicker.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No because I totally do not even want to DEAL with seating arrangements. I dread it; I'm so glad I won't have to think about it until the summer.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp's. I'd wait to send them. I'd keep busy with other little wedding tasks.

Tara & Jose 10.17.10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd wait to send... and the seating arrangements, my FMIL has been bugging me for months about it! I keep telling her that there's no point in doing it so soon and we need to wait to get at least some of the RSVPs back!
    *~allie~*

• Options
    VanessaB24VanessaB24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm finished with a lot of the other things i needed. I guess your right i should just wait until April.. i have to keep myself occupied looking for other things that i've put off like my shoes, flower girl dress/shoes and ordering the sand. Even though it'll still be in the back of my mind i must wait.
  • Options
    Pink7781Pink7781 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_want-send-out-invitations-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:6838523c-2abc-403f-a0de-ebe821ff451fPost:15f40dce-9c81-4333-8059-07a09fa55a9f">I want to send out our invitations NOW!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I guess I'm just that person that wants everything done now and that's one trait i hate about myself sometimes... I want to send out the invitations now because i kept trying to seat everyone @ tables and i keep taking this one from this table and putting them at another and then I'm not sure if this person is coming and my FI seems to think a few relatives of his are def. not coming and I'm just so annoyed and i know i shouldn't be doing this until i get the rsvps back but i can't help it. I've been doing this for 5 months now and I'm driving myself CRAZY! I should give this up for lent! haha.. I don't think i can wait until April  to send out the invitations so i might do it mid March. Has anyone else done this?
    Posted by VanessaB24[/QUOTE]

I totally understand. I'm getting married on June 11 and want to get them in the mail now just so they're done. If you haven't already, start adressing your envelopes and get them all ready to send. Our reply date is May 11, the same day the room block ends and I think I'm dropping them in the mail on April 3. I was going to send them at the end of March but my mom brought up the same point that the PPs did.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am just like you, everything has to be done ahead of time so I don't stress out. So I decided to go against etiquette and will be sending my invitations out Mid April for our August wedding. If people misplace them I will call them, my RSVP is May 31st and this will ease my anxiety about the whole thing. So yes people say you should wait but in the end it's your wedding and your stress, decide what will make this easier for you.
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did the same thing with the seating charts.  But I had to stop myself.  I set up a sample one and as we get the rsvps back I will change accordingly.  I feel like it made it a bit easier, to have a starting point.  I am getting married the week after you and plan on mailing them out mid April.  Which is a little early but we have to because of OOT guests and hotel reservations.  

Step away from the seating chart and no one will get hurt!  haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards