New Jersey
Options

cape liberty (bayonne) cruise question!

Hey Ladies! Have any of you had or attended a wedding that sailed out of Cape Liberty cruise port? My FI & I are sailing out of there in July w/Royal Caribbean...I'm looking for suggestions of nearby restaurants, photo ops, etc. b/c based on what it seems like our guests will have a few hours to kill between check in and getting on the ship. Thanks!

Re: cape liberty (bayonne) cruise question!

• Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    The closest restaurants are in a shopping complex on Route 440, near the cruise port (the cruise port's located in an old military base). There's a Houlihan's and Ten East, which is a hibachi restaurant: http://www.teneastdining.com/

There are some restaurants in Bayonne that are pretty good ... Hendrickson's (casual burgers and sandwiches), Cafe Bello (not TOO fancy but one of the "nicer" places in town), Meditteraneo and Rincon De Espana (Spanish food), and there's a lot of places in town to grab a slice of pizza.

They're also talking about developing the area near the cruiseport in the near future, so there might be more restaurants there next year.

Photo ops ... you can get pretty good NYC skyline shots from the area around the cruise port. If you want park photos, there's a park on Kennedy Boulevard around 37th-48th Street that would probably work. Liberty State Park is maybe a 10-minute drive away, so you can get really good skyline shots and shots of the back of the Statue of Liberty.
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I've been on tons of cruises and I've never had any trouble entertaining myself on the boat for the few hours that you are still in port.  They wil have a band, food  and cocktails by the pool, plus you'll want to walk around and explore the ship.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't worry too much about it.... ditto what PP'er said.
    They let you on the ship VERY early! They SAY you can get on at 1pm... but we have gotten on as early as 11am. And while you may not be able to get into your cabin right away, there is a ton to do onboard!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards