New Jersey
Options

DJ HELP! ( is this quote good?!)

Hi girls,

I was quoted $2150 for 5 hr's of music including my cocktail hr & reception, plus ceremony music, and some uplighting.

Is that a good price? what did you guys pay?

Thank you girls, You guys save me, i'm kinda clueless when it comes to pricing ( all my close friends eloped- smart women!) 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DJ HELP! ( is this quote good?!)

• Options
    clyde11995clyde11995 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're paying $2200 for DJ for the 4 hours of the reception. We get extras such as a video of the entire reception, still images taken from the video, a slide show to be played, some lighting effects, and more. I think your quote is pretty good based on all that you're getting. Hope this helped a little Smile
    image 189 Invited
    image 124 are ready to party! image 65 would rather be somewhere else image 0 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: April 12
    wedding planning
  • Options
    jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know how much uplighting costs, but I got  3 quotes for about or under $1500 for 4 hours without it.    That was just basic DJing though, I didn't want lights, plasma screens, props, etc.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am paying $1450 for 1DJ for 5 hours, dancefloor lighting and a Gobo.  I would think if your getting 5 hrs plus ceremony and uplighting that your probably in good shape.  Maybe shop around?  I know my DJ Primetime Entertainers was willing to work with me, I basically told them I got a cheaper quote from another DJ which I did and they dropped their price.  Its worth a try. GL
  • Options
    Sari88Sari88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! you have been a big help!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I paid about $1100 for DJ for 4 hours at the reception, no giveaways, etc.

I paid about $1000 for lighting for the reception.

The $2150 sounded like a good price to me.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to about 10 DJs in NJ and your pricing is right on! Especially includign some lighting, it is a good price! I'm ending up somewhere around 2400.
  • Options
    dmoney79dmoney79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we paid $2200 for 5 hours, a candid photog and the projection screen for the candids, and some sort of basic lighting (not uplighting)....so that sounds like a pretty good price....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds good. I was quoted $1800 for cocktail hour and reception, $500 to add uplighting, and another $200-800 for ceremony music depending on what I wanted.
  • Options
    alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    no idea what lighting costs, i didnt have any of that.  paid $1100 for 5 hours music and vocalist.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards