New Jersey

Nanina's in the Park v. Seasons

Has anyone been to both venues?  If so, which one did you like better?

Or if you had your wedding at either of these locations, would you recomend? 

My fiance and I are going to look at both.  We seemed to have narrowed our search down to these two locations,  but have not gone to see them in person yet.  Just trying to get some feedback.  Thanks!! Laughing

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Nanina's in the Park v. Seasons

• I have been to events at both - a wedding at Nanina's and a bridal shower at Season's (but this shower had 150 guests, a dj, a cocktail hour spread, and a sit down dinner)

Both, from what I can remember, had very good food.  Nanina's has a cocktail hour that spans a few rooms (a wood room with the bar, a room up a few steps, and access to the outside). Season's may have multiple events happening at the same time - or not. Nanina's has a dancefloor that is lower than the location of all of the tables for sitting - it's like, recessed and in the middle of the room.

I would say that overall, they are very comparable. See if you are able to get a better deal at one place over the other and use that to decide. Both have ballrooms that look about the same.  

(It has been a few years since I was at Nanina's, so some of the above might have changed.)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• I do not think they are that similar. For starters Nanina's does only one wedding at a time. They also charge significantly more than Seasons and have a higher minimum head count. Nanina's ballroom looks completely different than Seasons and they also have more grounds outside for picture taking purposes Both places offer a lot of food and both of them have beautiful ballrooms in my opinion.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_naninas-in-the-park-v-seasons?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:6be1ecf0-9bf0-4b91-b963-eef9b876a1f5Post:44b9a116-b3ed-4236-8340-e403a0ce9100">Re:Nanina's in the Park v. Seasons</a>:
    [QUOTE]I do not think they are that similar. For starters Nanina's does only one wedding at a time. They also charge significantly more than Seasons and have a higher minimum head count. Nanina's ballroom looks completely different than Seasons and they also have more grounds outside for picture taking purposes Both places offer a lot of food and both of them have beautiful ballrooms in my opinion.
    Posted by gelaine22[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Interesting - as a guest, I would have never known that one was more expensive than the other. I haven't done any research at either location.</div>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Thanks for the responses.

Nanina's pricing was $20 cheaper per person, though they said the pricing "starts" at that.  They said when we came in, we would go over everything.  So I am not sure if that includes an open bar, ect.  The pricing may end up being more than Seasons.

We are looking to book a September/October 2013 wedding.  So far these two seemed to be the most reasonably priced and have the best reviews.  Does anyone have any other recommendations in northern NJ?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Seasons included tax and gratuity in their pricing when I went and looked at the venue a little over a month ago. Nanina's did not include that. I worked with Tom at Nanina's and I forget who at Seasons but I think his name started with an M. The deal breaker for us was one wedding at a time vs more than one at a time. In the end I chose neither one. Lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • gelaine22gelaine22 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2012
    Westmount Country Club gave me good pricing for September 2013. Also, Rockleigh gave me a great price. Talk to Rocky. I think I still have 9/29 on hold but I booked with the Grove.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Seasons did not specify if the price they quoted me was including tax and tip.  It was the first place I called and I didn't realize that some included it and some did not.  I guess I will find out tomorrow if it is included.  If it does, that would be great.

The Grove looks beautiful.  They just wanted us to gurantee more people than we wanted.  We are looking for approx 125.

Westmount did not have anything available - unless we want to get married on a Thursday. lol.
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Try Rockleigh. If you like all those others you would like it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got married at Nanina's on 11/24/12. I worked with Tom Julian. They were absolutely fantastic I can't say enough good things about Nanina's. We loved everything about it from the moment we walked in the best part was not having to pick choose because everything in their menu is included in the price they give you. Go see it in person, the pictures do not do it justice! If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me I'd be happy to help! GL

• ArmyBride07ArmyBride07 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2012
    I was a guest at weddings at both venues this year.  The wedding in Seasons was in the smaller upstairs ballroom.  I wasn't in love with the venue itself, I personally thought Nanina's was much nicer.  However, the food at Seasons was better.  Overall, I think I would choose Nanina's.  Really nice setting, only one wedding at a time, the food was good (just not AS good as Seasons), and the ballroom and cocktail rooms were really nice.
  • Been to 3 weddings at Seasons, 2 weddings at Nanina's

Seasons wins hands down.

(My wedding was at neither, so that is a completely unbiased opinion from a guest.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards