New Jersey
Options

Emphasize the Face or the Body?

I'm going for an engagement session soon in Central Park and I'm trying to decide what to wear.

My photographer had the following advice:

"dark and muted clothing tends to emphasize the face, while white and bright clothing tends to emphasize the body.  Big patterns tend to dominate a photo, so it's usually best to avoid them for portraits."

So patterns are out obviously.

So the question is should I emphasize the face or the body?

What did you ladies wear?  Show your photos!

Re: Emphasize the Face or the Body?

• Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I both wore darker clothes and that looked really nice. I think our bodies looked good we had on jeans and blazers. I had a tank and he had on a button down.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wore a darker blue sweater (kind of bright though I guess) and jeans for some, and a dark purple dress for others. I thought they turned out great. I wouldn't have ever worn white thought but that's just me.
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh- if you want pics I can email them to you, I just can't figure out how to get it to copy/paste onto here.
    *~allie~*

• Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Given that choice, I would have picked face -- but I think it depends on what you think your better feature is.

Also, either way I probably would have worn a color I think I generally look good in.

You can always look at popular photographer's blogs to get ideas of what clothes you like and don't like on people.  That may give you an idea of what worked on people with similar frames/coloring.
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    see siggy pic

We also had a 2nd outfit with a black polka dot dress and FI was in dress shirt and khakis
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if I necessarily agree with that. I wore a dark vest and white shirt under and FI had a light colored button down. But I LOVE pictures where the girl is wearing a print dress. Pics in BIO.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards