New Jersey
Options

How much money do you make

Just you- not combined household income.
Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Re: How much money do you make

• Options
    FutureMrsF111FutureMrsF111 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those are some big ranges. I dont have a set amount but I put an avg. because I get orgination fees and bonuses throughout the year that change based on the business I bring in to the firm.
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I had to make big ranges because I could only put so many options.  I kept them closer at the lower ranges and started to spread them out more as I ran out of choices Cool
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    edited December 2011
    i think those are pretty basic ranges... mine is hard too bc of base salary + potential bonus, so i chose the average amount i bring in/year.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    damn I really wish I was in the 176+ range!
  • Options
    yankees320yankees320 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Geez!  Who are these ladies choosing >176 and what do they do?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i would  love to know the career/jobs of those making 100k plus. 
    Its like when syn and i drive through alpine, upper montclair, etc.  We are always like..can we just knock on their door and ask them what they do for a liviing and walk away...lol
    Syn will be there soon Wink!!

~Declare it..Claim it..It will be!!~
    imageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickersimage
    5/9/09: Plans, Pics, F/S 11/10/10: BFP Chart Baby Ds Stuff & Coupons!! WTH has Obama done so far!?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can tell you that I am not one of the >$176 haha
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    hcer0708hcer0708 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am def not in $176 lol but i wish i had their job
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lawyers, attorneys, accountants, people that work 18 hours a day and never see thier homes.  money isnt that important to me.  flexibility and being happy are.  i might never own a home in tuxedo park or allendale but i'm gonna be happy dammit ;P 
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    edited December 2011
    What is the difference between a lawyer and an attorney?
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    edited December 2011
    In the household income poll only 9% of people earned less than 90k together, yet in the individual poll almost 35% of people earn between 30-45k.

I'm guessing most of FI/DH's are the breadwinners!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    nice cross-poll analysis! 

lawyer vs. attorney, i guess not anything.  DH and i deal mostly with attorneys and in my mind they are trained to legally represent someone, vs. a lawyer who i tend to catagorize as someone who just has the knowledge to give legal advice and picture yelling in courtrooms like on L&O haha... but they're synonyms. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    (i was just stereotyping in my jealous rage that i am not making 176+)  Money mouth
  • Options
    DS0305DS0305 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not all good salaried jobs have to work that many hours a day.  Actuaries work a typical 40 hour work week and make good money, in case anyone's looking for a career switch.  ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sign me up!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

feh. actuaries = weird-ass math, no? I like words ;-)

• Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_much-money?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:6dc1e0d2-d9bb-455d-a8c2-9d6c30c98e32Post:f26b425c-c8d9-44d6-9846-ddb386595ece">Re: How much money do you make</a>:
    [QUOTE]nice cross-poll analysis!  lawyer vs. attorney, i guess not anything.  DH and i deal mostly with attorneys and in my mind they are trained to legally represent someone, vs. a lawyer who i tend to catagorize as someone who just has the knowledge to give legal advice and picture yelling in courtrooms like on L&O haha... but they're synonyms. 
    Posted by alliecarrie41[/QUOTE]

There's no difference, except that "attorney" can be used in a few other senses ("power of attorney" for example -- that isn't a lawyer/attorney at law necessarily).  Some people prefer to use the term "lawyer" and some prefer "attorney" -- I usually opt for lawyer because attorney sounds pretentious to me (or at least, because most people I know who identify themselves as "attorneys" do so to make themselves sound fancy and special, while there really is nothing fancy or special about being one).  In a brief/letter to a court, I'd use attorney because it is more formal.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i always thought laywer sounded fancier!  that's funny it's the other way around for you, but maybe that's because you're in the industry and i am an outsider looking in and watching too many tv shows. 

like when my attorney came to do our closing, i rolled my eyes thinking how easy he had it signing a few things, taking my check, and going home to relax by the fire.  a LAWYER! well i think here is a person who can fight for my rights!  haha it's silly how my brain works ;) 
  • Options
    MyeMye
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

176+ must be nice...
    But def DH is the moneymaker....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    DH makes about 15k more than I do, but I make more if I make my annual goal.  All in all, we're pretty equal. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards