New Jersey
Options

BM Hair Pricing

I'm trying to figure out the average rate for bridemaid hair on a Saturday (when most salons are open) to have bridesmaids get their hair done not at a salon.  The prices I've been quoted are higher than I had expected.  I'm looking for suggestions on what is usually considered reasonable.

TIA!

Re: BM Hair Pricing

• Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    What did the BMs tell you that they could afford when they said that they wanted their hair done?

Or are you requiring it to be professionally done?
  • Options
    lyss3210lyss3210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, I haven't discussed pricing with them. They all said "within reason" and didn't give me an exact amount.  I asked everyone who wanted to get their hair done, and all but 1 plans to get their hair done.  I don't want to make anyone have to get it done, but I'm very glad they all want to.  I'm just trying to be fair to them on price, because that's what I'd want if I were the BM.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Orange County, NY, and the stylist is coming to me. With those caveats, I was told BM hair would be "$85 and up." Which is, of course, a little vague for my liking... but it seems like it'll be somewhere betwen $85 and $100, if they choose to get it done.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It can range anywhere from $50 - $100.  It depends on the salon, number of bridesmaids, if you are also getting it done, time of day.  What prices have you been getting?

ETA: and sometimes it will also depend on the what they are doing to it.  A simple blow out or curls/straightening and updo.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine are $75 for an up-do and $90 for half up, half down
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Most of my girls ended up paying $50 I think.  We went to a salon and they all used a junior stylist.  That's what they were supposed to pay at least. I didn't ask what they were charged the day of.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine will range from $45 - $70 depending on what they want.  $45 for a blowout and $70 for an updo. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My BMs were $75. My sister's might have been more b/c she got extensions put in.
  • Options
    lyss3210lyss3210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  My BM told me she thought anything under $70 was reasonable.  However, the average I'm being told is $80-$100 depending on what they want done (updo or curls).  This is for not at a salon.
  • Options
    VanessaB24VanessaB24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was quoted $65-85 but my girls are getting their hair done where they want and they don't seem to have a problem with whatever they have to pay.
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I see, just checking.

I think my salon quoted me around $80 for the girls.
  • Options
    lyss3210lyss3210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ffbride - is that price for someone who is coming to you?  If so, can you let me know who you are using?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, No.  I missed that part of your post.  We are going to the salon. Its 1 block from my moms house. 

I was in 2 weddings last year and it was $75 each so the lower end prices you are getting dont seem entirely unreasonable. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards