New Jersey
Options

Alterations in Central NJ

I am going BM dress shopping with the girls in a few weeks. I think we are going to get them at David's Bridal but I heard that they are ridiculous for alterations. Do you  have any recommendations of other places that we could use that will do outside alterations? I would prefer something in the middlesex, somerset, union country area.

TIA

Heather And Stephen

10-2-10

Re: Alterations in Central NJ

• Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Get your dresses at Russells in Linden, the dresses are % off depending how many you buy, and alterations are $20 unless your fiancee gets his tux there, then they are free. My girls dresses came to $145.  I thought that was really fair, Alfred Angelo.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    wow great!! Thank you so much!! That is definately within everyone's budget. That is a really cute dress too. We will definately check it out.

Heather And Stephen

10-2-10

• Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

You are welcome!  Here's their site- http://russellsbridals.com/

I also got my gown there for much less than it was in NYC.  When I was at Pronovias in NYC I called her and she called me back in an hour and was able to get the dress.  They have been great to work with.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We didn't get anything at Russels but we did look there and they have a HUGE selection of BM dresses. I was actually quite overwhelmed by their selection, and the prices are very reasonable.
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Hollywood Bridal in Kenilworth. I found the girl at Russel's IMO to be very unknowledgable but I may have just gotten a bad sales associate (for bridal). Hollywood has been fantastic and all alterations are included. My girls got a Bill Levkoff long gown for $178 including alterations (with a disocunt from the guys getting their tuxes). They're really great there and the store is super clean.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding dress and BM dresses were all purchased (and will be altered) at Russell's Bridal and FI and GM will also be getting their tuxes from there.  AMAZING customer service and huge selection of dresses for very reasonable prices.
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My BMs got their dresses from Hollywood, and I love that store, but I think Russell's had better prices. Ultimately we went w/ Hollywood because of the free alterations but the dresses were $225. From prior experience, I also know that Hollywood's seamstress does a fantastic job. I know they alter outside wedding gowns, so I'd assume they will alter outside BM gowns as well.
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hollywood does do outside alterations- I'm using them to alter a Priscilla of Boston BM dress that I'm wearing for another wedding I'm in. Both Russel's and Hollywood are pretty close together location wise so it'd be very easy to do both in one day if you wanted.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    acablitasacablitas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agreed with pp.  Try out Hollywood Bridal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards