New Jersey
Options

St. Teresa's in Summit

Anyone getting married/got married here and had trouble or a difficult time working out the details with the church?

Fi and I still have not met with the priest, (we have a little more than 6 months to go) we still need to go to pre cana (but not sure if we can do that before we meet with the priest).  I don't even know if they will allow us to have a mass because Fi only has been baptized so if we can't, then we have to chance our ceremony and reception times.

I've spoken to Sharon several times and she keeps telling me someone is going to contact me but I haven't heard from them in like a month. LOL

I know it's Lent so maybe that is why...Just wondering if anyone had similar experienc....
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: St. Teresa's in Summit

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am!! and YESSSSS! Sharon is nice, but she is very hard to get in touch with, and she doesn't answer any questions! We met with the Priest a few days ago ( after two months of calling almost every day and emailing) Sharon just kept telling us to keep calling. He was wonderful once we met with him, but he said we had to work with Sharon on getting everything together, so I've been calling and calling and nothing, but she does answer emails better, but all she did was send me the same documents she sent me the last 3 times I sent her emails on questions. I tried for the last month to book our rehearsal time, and finally was able ,only to find out that the time slots were filled already. My first contact with St Teresa's was back in Dec, and I am just slowly moving along to where I am now with them, little frustrating!

We went and scheduled our pre cana before we even met with the Priest, we weren't going to let that hold us up, he was totally fine with it when we told him when we did meet with him. You do need to bring your bapt cert with you when you met with him, but not sure if they require that both of you get bapt. I know all churches are different. My parents church didn't care as long as one of you is, so maybe St. Teresa's is like that.

Hope that helps!! When is your wedding?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    omg...thank god it's not just me! LOL...I first contacted her maybe a month after we got engaged in oct...exactly one year from the wedding and same thing. she's sent me the same documents a few times and i've already turned them in. that kinda freaks me out that all of that time for your rehearsal is booked already!!! I need to do mine the day before my wedding because we are getting married on a Friday night and have a few oot guests coming. I guess I better get on that this week!!

oh and my wedding is 10-1-10...urs?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

NOO it's not just you! My wedding is a Friday night too, so I freaked! They are letting us do a 4:30 time which SUCKS, I now have to ask people to be at the church at 4:30 on Thursday, she did just say to do Wed, but like you, my FI family and friends are from out of town, so there was no way we could do that! I went to book the rehearsal back in Dec, so I'm sure then it was probably open. My wedding is 8/27/2010. I like the Church, I belong to that church, but I feel like just another wedding there. I kid you not, when we called we only had the option of the date we picked or 9/11. We would have had to wait until late Nov/Early Dec. Granted we only are having a 9 month engagement but still!
    My best advice to you is to keep calling and emailing and just stay on top of them, at first my FI and I felt like stalkers but we got to a point where we didn't care, we were royally pissed. It even got to a point where we had to start looking at other churches to get married in because no one was getting back to us.

• Options
    edited December 2011

def. getting on this stuff this week! TIA!!! good luck with the rest of your planning!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards