New Jersey
Options

"Best" wedding venue in NJ?

This is obviously subjective, but please list what you consider to be the top 3 wedding venues in NJ and why.  i am from brooklyn but looking for an NJ venue and wanted to know about some of the better received venues out there.  thanks!

Re: "Best" wedding venue in NJ?

• Options
    excellent food, service, and beautiful room (i realize aesthetics of a room are entirely subjective).  grounds are nice but not a must given that we're planning on a non-summer month wedding (march) but a nice view would be a plus.  have been to parties at the venetian and thought it was all of this but wasn't in the nicest area and no view.  saw the website for maritime parc and thought it might be a serious contender for us but i have been looking at reviews of it online and they seem fairly mixed.  thanks for reading!
  • Options
    Try the Seasons. They are the sister property of the Venetian and are located in a much better neighborhood.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Highlawn Pavllion in West Orange has a great view.  The Manor (my venue-so of course I'll like it) is also very beautiful, but has more of an older charm than something more modern. 
    Is there a certain area you are looking into?
  • Options
    any opinions on the gramercy?
  • Options
    Florentine Gardens!
  • Options
    Gramercy is really pretty.  I think the renovations are pretty recent, but the place is beautiful!  
    (Florentine Gardens is gorgeous too!)
  • Options
    What about Liberty House - it has a really nice view of the city an a modern ballroom

I was really impressed with the food at Seasons in Washington Township - I recently went to a 150-women shower with a dj and entertainment, and it had a cocktail hour and sit down meal. It was really good. The ballrooms appeared nice, but standard for NJ.

I also like the Highlawn Pavilion and Manor (I think they are owned by the same person) Manor is an older establishment - it feels like you are in a wealthy home rather than a ballroom, and Highlawn Pavilion has nice views of the city as well.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    I'm not sure how far south you are willing to go, but Clarks Landing Yacht Club also fits your crieteria.  It has a beautiful water view.  Florentine Gardens is also great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love my venue - Mayfair Farms. It's an old manor house kind of feel but the food and service is EXCELLENT. That was our biggest thing.

If you're willing to go father afield, Perona Farms was also really beautiful and has a really unique, seasonal sort of menu.
  • Options
    The Park Savoy Estate in Florham Park! Same owners as Naninas in the Park. Again, I am of course biased because I am getting married here in April. It's an old mansion so you get the whole place to yourself. The recently renovated ballroom is gorgeous and elegant (not gaudy in my opinion), tons of windows and natural light, beautiful outdoor patio area with an outdoor grill station for cocktail hour and from what I hear the food is amazing (very elaborate cocktail and dessert hour). I hope it's as good as everyone says! We have our tasting next week and I can't wait.
    Valerie512
  • Options
    In Response to Re::[QUOTE]The Park Savoy Estate in Florham Park! Same owners as Naninas in the Park. Again, I am of course biased because I am getting married here in April.nbsp;It's an old mansion so you get the whole place to yourself. The recently renovated ballroom is gorgeous and elegant not gaudy in my opinion, tons of windows and natural light, beautiful outdoor patio area with an outdoor grill station for cocktail hour and from what I hear the food is amazing very elaborate cocktail and dessert hour. I hope it's as good as everyone says! We have our tasting next week and I can't wait. Posted by vnmazzola[/QUOTE]

I second the Park Savoy!
    I also have my tasting next week! I am really looking forward to it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_best-wedding-venue-in-nj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:71f39108-ff46-4f88-b348-eb012b3cdbf7Post:eb32bf3d-c0a9-4e02-9f9d-9c2f736ecc9e">Re: "Best" wedding venue in NJ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not sure how far south you are willing to go, but Clarks Landing Yacht Club also fits your crieteria.  It has a beautiful water view.  Florentine Gardens is also great!
    Posted by sh228955[/QUOTE]

I second Clarks! My wedding was this summer and people are still raving about it. The food, service & view are all top notch. Please PM me if you'd like more info.
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • Options
    @Kimachado, not sure how many people will be at the tasting but maybe we'll meet each other! :-) When is your wedding?
    Valerie512
  • Options
    vnmazzola March 29 is my date. Yours? I will be with a pretty big crowd of 6. : I want to call and make sure nothing has changed and that they werent affected by the Hurricane.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Haha we will be a group of 6 as well (parents, sister and brother-in-law). Let me know if you find anything out! Our wedding is April 20.
    Valerie512
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_best-wedding-venue-in-nj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:71f39108-ff46-4f88-b348-eb012b3cdbf7Post:ad7900f0-4b0b-46d1-9abf-d28ae444a2d1">Re: "Best" wedding venue in NJ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha we will be a group of 6 as well (parents, sister and brother-in-law). Let me know if you find anything out! Our wedding is April 20.
    Posted by vnmazzola[/QUOTE]

Called Park Savoy this afternoon. They lost power, but have backup generators.. So we are still on! :) See ya there & Congrats!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That's great news! Thank you for checking.
    Valerie512
  • Options
    Mayfair Farms - food was PERFECT (seriously - and we are a picky bunch of Italians), the service is top notch, and the room is stunning. If you want to know more, feel free to PM me.  I worked with Joanne, Richard was my MD, and it was the best of everything I wanted.
  • Options
    Dear all, 
    We just created a group for future brides in the NY/NJ/LI/PA/CT area. The group is meant to help future brides to find their local vendors, talk to other brides, get help and advices about planning their weddings. Please join us and invite anyone who might be interested! 
    Thank you!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_best-wedding-venue-in-nj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:71f39108-ff46-4f88-b348-eb012b3cdbf7Post:2d61d3fa-da10-4960-a2ad-b4685347f981">Re: "Best" wedding venue in NJ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear all,  We just created a group for future brides in the NY/NJ/LI/PA/CT area. The group is meant to help future brides to find their local vendors, talk to other brides, get help and advices about planning their weddings. Please join us and invite anyone who might be interested!  Thank you! <a href="https://www.facebook.com/groups/519375108075038/" rel="nofollow">https://www.facebook.com/groups/519375108075038/</a>
    Posted by voguemusic[/QUOTE]

<div>The original post had asked about a venue, not a recommendation for your music service!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards