New Jersey

Does Tiffany & Co. offer free ring cleaning and resizing?

I have a fairly cheap ring (by Tiffany standards) that was bought there several years ago, and it's pretty banged up.  I'd love to have it cleaned up a bit and I also need it resized to be about a full size smaller.  I believe the store used to offer both services for free, but I can recall someone telling me that both cost money now.

Does anyone know anything about either service and what type of fees (if any) are charged?  If it makes a difference, the ring is sterling silver and only about $125.

TIA!
image 182 Invited
image 0 Are ready to party!
image 0 Will be missing the fun
image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Does Tiffany & Co. offer free ring cleaning and resizing?

• tstrayer27tstrayer27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about resizing, but they clean for free. My e-ring is not from them but it looks a lot like one that they have and they cleaned it for free I guess thinking it was one of theirs! Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Do you know if the free cleaning is for jewelry of a certain value only?  Or do they do it for all of their jewelry?
    image 182 Invited

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tstrayer27tstrayer27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That I'm not sure about. Hopefully someone else will know!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Alright, thanks for the help!  And that's so funny about your e-ring, by the way!
    image 182 Invited

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a bracelet repaird at the Short Hills location and they did charge- but it needed a new clasp so it made sense for them to charge. Maybe you could call? That way you don't make an unncessary trip to the mall.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I think they will charge you a nominal fee for the cleaning, about $5 or so I think (according to the sign at their customer service.)

Not sure how much they would charge for re-sizing the ring though, sorry!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a ton of Tiffany silver stuff and they've always charged me for polishing.  Which is a shame because a ton of it is tarnished and I'd like to bring it in, but don't want to deal with paying for like 15 things to be polished.  So aluminum foil and baking soda quickie clean it is!
  • edited December 2011
    Tiffany's does charge for ring cleaning. I haven't brought my ring in to be cleaned but I have brought my necklaces and braclets in to be cleaned and those are about $10-$15? Maybe rings are less? I'm assuming they will charge to resize a ring as well as they will probably send it out to be resized.
  • edited December 2011

T&Co and free don't go in the same sntence. Nope, they charge for everything (unless of course you paid $10k+ for something). I have a lot of their sterling silver jewelry and when my ring broke, they said it would be $50 to meld it back together. I refused to pay that, and they said okay bye pretty much. It ended up breaking completely and I got them to send me a brand new ring, free of charge. But, that was after a lot of phone calls and emails.

Anyway, they have great cleaning gloves and cleaning lotion for sterling silver, not to be used together, but they work wonders. I use it all the time. Definitely recommend buying those as they are not expensive, and bringing your ring elsewhere to get resized. They'll charge you an arm and a leg for it there.

*~allie~*

• edited December 2011
    I have a Tiffany bracelet and I have brought it to be cleaned and I have been charged. I think like $5 or $10.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • showell21showell21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if it makes a difference of where the store is located, but Tiffany's offers free cleaning and resizing in Chicago.

They said anytime I want it cleaned to bring it back in and they will do within a half an hour to an hour free of charge.  

They also resized my ring for me after my fiancee proposed.  The hardest part was waiting the 7 business days to get it back, but I figured I'd rather have it done right and free of charge.  

Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know if they have a different policy for e-rings, since it's a pricier item for them and free cleanings would be nice!

If it isn't free, maybe you can look into an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner machine for maintenance cleaning (and it would be more convenient).  I just bought one from amazon and it's about $25.  i think it works pretty well!  i cleaned my diamond a few times before bringing to the appraiser.
  • Tiffany's does offer free cleaning (monthly) and polishing (annually) for engagement rings.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards