New Jersey
Options

What kind of a veil for my dress?

Im going out shopping this weekend to find a veil. All i know right now is that i want it to be elbow or finger tip length and possibly with a blusher. No pearls on it, but open to beads. I do not want to spend a ton of money on it and i will be wearing it all day.
 Forgive the awful picture. Only my sister would be able to take a picture and have me look so much heavier than i am.

Re: What kind of a veil for my dress?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think a bubble veil, like mine, would like really nice! Only thing is, you won't have a blusher.  Do you want some volume/poofiness? Or would you rather it less poofy?  Veils can vary so much from the amount of layers, volume, etc.

Do you know how you're wearing your hair yet?
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BTW - I think your dress is beautiful. And it looks terrific on you! Great choice!
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    JennM31JennM31 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Im not  sure about the puffiness yet.  I have an idea of how i want to wear my hair. half up and half down in curls, and sweeping bangs. I had a picture and now i cant find it.

• Options
    JennM31JennM31 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    www.projectwedding.com/photo/browse?photo_to_show=373784&tag=hair+%22half+up%22&thumbs_page=12

Hope this works, but this is what i would love to do. Hopefully my hair will be long enough by that point. its much longer than it is in my photo of me in the dress (that was the day we ordered the dress in august)

Chelsea- Thanks. Im in love with your photos and your flowers!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would say if you wanted to wear the veil all day a puffy veil may get annoying.  Also depends as someone else mentioned how you do your hair.

I am going to have my hair all up and put the veil right under it.  I intend on wearing it all day as well.  I went with a fingertip veil (however, I did no blusher) and some beadwork along the edges. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, you're not going to want to wear your veil all day no matter how poofy it is. Most people take it off either after the first dances or before the reception even starts. I took mine off before the cocktail hour.
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I like veils that are a little less obtrusive.  I wore mine low on the back of my head.  I took it off after our first dance.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to keep my veil on all day.  I'm going to wear it lower on the back of my head because I'm wearing my hair all up.  I always felt that if you take the veil off, you are taking off part of your outfit - plus you pay so much for the veil, you don't want to wear it for 20-30 minutes and be done!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards