New Jersey

Groomsmen Gifts

Hey guys! I know there probably has been several posts about it, but at that time we weren't really thinking about it...FI is having difficulty with coming up with gift ideas for his groomsmen...they are all quite different in taste...FI has been throwing around ideas for watches, but watches are personal in taste to me...What are you guys doing and for MGs, what did your DHs do for their groomsmen?
TIA
BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Groomsmen Gifts

• Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Leathermen with their initials and 2010 engraged on them in leather case....
  • uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cufflinks for the 4 of them who probably don't have nice cufflinks already, a tie for the one who already has too many nice cufflinks :)

I feel your pain though because boys are so much more practical than girls -- they already have a lot of the basics, and if they've been in bridal parties before they probably have some of the stuff you can have too much of (my husband already has a jersey from his favorite team and a flask and such from being in wedding parties).  So we tried to go for things that at the very least are things that grown up boys tend to need more than one of.
  • edited December 2011
    we are getting their ties (mostly b/c i want them to all be different, but cohesive) and then FI is getting them these whiskey stones:

http://www.surlatable.com/product/whisky+stones%2C+set+of+nine.do?keyword=whiskey&sortby=ourPicks

i'm sure we'll throw in something else too.....not sure what yet.
  • edited December 2011
    We went with engraved flasks and alcohol.
  • edited December 2011
  • Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys! Will talk over with FI and see what he thinks :)
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
  • edited December 2011
    Tickets to their favorite sports team. The ones that weren't into sports FI got one a Best Buy GF and the other an Apple Store GF. We also got them all ties and handkerchiefs for the wedding day.
  • edited December 2011
    we are doing leatherman and got thier names engraved in them :)
  • edited December 2011
    We did engraved flasks ($20) from orientaltrading.com.  My FI is paying for their tux rentals as the gift (very practical).
  • edited December 2011
    Leather money clip wallets with a GC to omaha steaks inside
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Great ideas guys! Thanks :)
  • edited December 2011

Four groomsmen:

1. Patriots sweatshirt & Best Buy gift card
    2. Red Sox zip up jacket & steaks from Omaha Steaks
    3. Patriots sweatshirt & steaks from Omaha Steaks
    4. LL Bean fleece and Amazon Gift card

~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • laur1019laur1019 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got them all tux shirts that can double as regular suit/button down shirt---something to do with the buttons. We got the sleeves monogrammed w/their initials.
  • chrissy31805chrissy31805 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI went to stienersports.com and got each of them memoribila specific to their team.
  • leah2bleah2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our groomsmen are FI's nephews, who are teenagers.  We got them good sunglasses (forgot which brand) - but a good pair for around $100 a pair.  We firgured they would use them and its something they would not buy for themselves at this stage in their lives.  Most guys love a good pair of sunglasses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards