New Jersey

Anxiety?

I was so excited after booking my venue but I was also left with a feeling of anxiety and nervousness. Have any of you felt this way after shelling out your first big check? Or any time during the planning?

Re: Anxiety?

• Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely.  I had it a bunch of times while planning. Just remember you picked this venue for a reason. Be confident in your choice. I am sure it will be great.. Where did you pick again?
  • edited December 2011

I picked Rockleigh. I think the anxiety part has a little to do with the money and the venue but also more to do with the fact that two people close to us are getting a divorce after being married for a short time.  I always felt they were the "perfect match." Did you have any second guessing yourself anywhere in the planning process?

• edited December 2011
    I feel like I have anxiety after every decision that I make! :) 
    It is perfectly normal!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • maddie7maddie7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Of course- its a huge check and commitment!  As soon as we got engaged my husband's sister announced their divorce as did another friend, it was tough.. But through pre-cana and just knowing this was special we overcame and of those thoughts. 
  • edited December 2011
    I felt this way countless times.  The only time I stopped feeling that way was the actual day of the wedding. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second guessed everything when my now sister in law decided to announce 5 months before our wedding that her and her husband of 7 years were getting a divorce. She wanted out, she had her reasons and i took it very hard.  I was questioning if it was that easy for her would it be that easy for my H.  I talked about it a lot with my mom and with my bridesmaids.  they all helped to to realize what I already knew.  My H is a wonderful man.  Def not a typical guy.  He is in this for the long hall and everyday I am married to him i am thankful I didnt let someone else's misery create misery for me.  So just take a deep breath and step back. I am sure you have plenty of time to plan the wedding, so right now focus on you and him for a bit.  Hope this helps.
  • katetwkatetw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely, a bajillion times, for the same reasons. People close to us divorcing that we never imagined would, the fact that it is SO MUCH MONEY (and we are not rich), etc. It's also helped that a lot of our friends have married and are very happy. The money/checks part was relieved, weirdly, by thinking about if I would be just as happy if we got married in blue jeans at the JP. I would be. Something about that (maybe just remembering what the day is about?) made me MORE okay with writing the checks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards