Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Unity candle outdoors?

Is anyone doing this (or have you done it)? I like the idea of the unity candle but I'm worried about candles in the wind, lol.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Unity candle outdoors?

• Options
    We didn't do a unity anything. . .well, except the whole ceremony;)  You could use a hurricane vase, possibly.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    You could do a sand ceremony or handfasting instead. Or you could be unique and not do anything "meaningful and unique". Well, except for getting married married in a very simple but nice ceremony.
  • Options
    You used lawn torches as unity candles??? I'm really not loving the whole sand ceremony idea. Like someone said, we will probably just have a short, simple ceremony, but I actually did like the unity candle. I'm just not sure it works outside.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    we got married outside & were worried about the unity candle idea b/c it can get windy in Colorado. We ended up doing a sand ceremony (PIB) and I'm glad we did b/c it was REALLY windy during our ceremony (in fact, lots of sand blew away! LOL)
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • Options
    Someone posted about special wedding hourglasses, which I thought were a really nice twist on the sand ceremony.  Expensive, of course.I've seen people use hurricane vases and lanterns for the unity candle outdoors.  I've heard of unity welding, unity science experiments, unity cocktails (what we're doing)...  There are lots of options for symbolic joining if you get creative.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    We got married outside and used oil candles for our unity candle.  Unfortunately our oil tapers didn't fit into the candle holders I had so I had to go out and just buy regular tapers.  They did blow out so our moms just lit a match and handed it to us :-)  Our oil lamp that we lit did blow out too.  I think it was because the wick wasn't high enough.  It didn't bother us though.  We wanted to do a candle because we don't like the look of the sand ceremony or other ones we had read about. 
  • Options
    Here's the unity candle from our son and daughter-in-laws outdoor wedding in May.  It was fairly windy that day but they successfully lit their unity candle.http://www.kurthphotoplace.com/Family-Friends/Chris-and-Olga-Family/Chris-and-Olga-Wedding-1/8308072_xux4d#542842185_QjM46
  • Options
    We're getting married outdoors in a gazebo, so we decided to go with a rose ceremony.  It will take a few minutes to get through, since it explains the ceremony and gives instructions for our future but it ties into our garden wedding theme very well.  Plus the minute I read it, it made me cry so I knew I had to use it.
  • Options
    Oh I love the Rose Ceremony idea. A friend of mine tried to do it, but it was about to storm so the officiant just skipped it entirely. Do you think she would be mad if I did??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards