New Jersey
Options

Flat shoe help!

Hi everyone,
My fiance is about an inch shorter than me and I have been on the hunt for some flat or VERY low heel shoes for my wedding, but can't find any that look nice. My dress is ivory and has some embroidery and sparkle on it.  I was thinking about doing the ballet slippers, but can I wear those to the ceremony also, or are they only good for the reception? Any recs on where I can shop  for nice flats either in person or online?
Any help or opinions are greatly appreciated!! Thank you!

Re: Flat shoe help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    why wouldn't ballet flats be good for a ceremony too?
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    teachmelissateachmelissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess you're right, they would be okay for a ceremony too- I wasn't sure if there was any sort of ettiquette (I know a lot of people change into ballet flats at their reception for comfort reasons) or if I should have fancier shoes for pictures -although I suppose noone really will see my shoes at the ceremony anyway! Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No one will even see your feet, unless you want them too of course!  Wear what you're comfortable in. I say go with the ballet flats!
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My girlfriend wore white sneakers.  I had no idea until she told me afterwards.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     i am like 3 inches shorter than fi, but i wanted to be shorter then him in pictures, so i ordered flats from jcrew. here is a link to a picture of them... http://kitoko.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/belle-fleur-mirror-ballet-flats.jpg

good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    dmoney79dmoney79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    dh and i are about the same height, and well, i'm just not comfortable or coordinated enough in heels....
    i got these at davids bridal, for about $40 maybe?  i had seen a similar pair online for much more.....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is also a store called "Added Attractions" in Garwood that carry many flats and another that is more expensive in Chatham with the most shoes Ive seen called Model Bride.
  • Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will be wearing sneakers too! So excited!  Its your feet so I would go with what is comfortable and makes your feel comfortable with yoru FI being a smig shorter.  If you find something fun post a pic!
  • Options
    MyeMye
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wore pretty cute flats from JCrew, they were hard to find though....
    you can see them in this picture
  • Options
    FutureMrsF111FutureMrsF111 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got gold slippers that look like ballet flats from cole haan. They are the most comfortable things in the world and really cute. And they were under $100 which made me very happy.
  • Options
    teachmelissateachmelissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you soooo much for all your great ideas! I love the photos of all the great flat shoes and I'm going to do some shopping this weekend. Thanks, girls!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards