New Jersey

The Atrium Country Club

Hi,
Does anyone have any info on Atrium Country Club in West Orange.  I don't know how to totally judge it by the website.  I need to make a trip, but would like to hear some feedback on this place.  Has anyone had a wedding?  Any prices?  I'm looking to have a nice Viennese hour and this place seems like it can do a nice one.  I also like how they have the LED lighting included.  
I'm looking for a Friday next summer.  Prob about 200 guests. 
Thanks!

Re: The Atrium Country Club

• edited December 2011
    Also, thoughts/prices on Skylands (Randolph) & Richfield Regency.  Thanks!
  • carlaspeedcarlaspeed member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding there on oct 3, so far everything great, Bill and his assitant are amazing. We did food tasting and the food was great. I always heard great things about the Atrium, never a bad comment and how the cocktail hour is amazing. I love the windows from the main room! We got quoted $79 per person for a Sunday wedding, we took some stuff and got down to $70. Not sure about the Saturday prices, ask Chelsea!!!!!!!!! The Atrium is literally down the road from my house so it's convinient! Good luck!
  • goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    There are several girls here that had their reception there, not sure if they are all around much anymore.   I have heard nothing but positive reviews from the girls on here.   
    edited December 2011
    The Ridgefield Regency is dark and small but I heard the food is good, no place for pics though!
  • goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

I wasn't a fan of the Richfield Regency.  There are no outside grounds, except for the park across Bloomfield Ave.  I went to a wedding there awhile back and it was just OK, nothing special.      

edited December 2011
    and yes just confirmed the lightning is included, thanks for reminding me!
  • Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Never been to a wedding there but checked it out and heard good things. We could only guarantee 125 and you need 150 for the upstairs room, and I wasn't crazy about the downstairs room. I liked the upstairs room. Price is supposed to be reasonable and food supposed to be good...I think Kimmy and Chelsea (CVL) had weddings there...You may want to page Chelsea...She comes around every now and again.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We visited the Atruim... we really liked the upstairs room and cocktail room.  Unfortunately it was out of our budget.  The higher the minimum, the lower the price.  The package seemed pretty good.  Richfield Regency we liked, great price pretty room, however like pp said, no outdoor space and we felt the cocktail hour room was a bit small.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for the info.  RR does seem small from the pics, so it's good to hear some reviews!  I am glad to hear about Atrium though!  I liked their Platinum wedding package and am hoping that it is not too far from the $70 that Carla posted.
    Thanks!

• edited December 2011
    We are getting married at The Atrium in August and I've heard nothing but good reviews.  The food tasting was the best of all the places we went and although it was a little more expensive than the other places on our final list, we really felt like we were getting so much more and the step up in service made it worthwhile.
    We had to guarantee 125 for the upstairs room, but we are on a Sunday so that may be why it was less.
    image 219 Invited image 149 Attending image 68 Declined image 2 Haven't Replied
    RSVP Date July 7
    My Bio updated 5/31/10
  • Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didnt like all the brass railings- very 70's looking inside... Richfield is nice inside and on a busy highway/parklng lot only..
    edited December 2011
    Keep in mind we don't have beef in the menu, or a vienesse table and some other stuff, Bill has a list of how each item impacts the final price, I think minus beef it was $3-5 and so on...good luck!
  • edited December 2011

I had my wedding there and also attended a fellow knotties wedding!  We had the upstairs roon on a Friday night in April.  I don't have any complaints.  We didn't try bargaining (we didn't realize you could!) but I would suggest it.  We had the venetian hour as well.

• edited December 2011
    Kim-how much extra was the viennese?Laughing
  • Renee1105Renee1105 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to look at the Atrium and liked it very much. It was in our top two but ultimately chose another place. The people who work there seemed like they would go out of their way for you and were very nice. The quote they gave us was very reasonable too. The only thing we didn't like was that you had to guarantee a certain number for exclusivity.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011

I had my reception there in November. I have nothing but great things to say.  The cocktail hour is out of this world.  We had a friend tell us afterwards that he didn't realize that there was dinner after that...there was so much food he thought that was it! (He wasn't from NJ, so wasn't used to the big lavish cocktail hours).  Everyone raved about the food....both people from NJ and from out of state.  The seafood spread was fabulous.  I wish I had more time to check everything out.  If it wasn't for my MOH continuously bringing me small plates of food and the maitre'd putting together a plate for us, I wouldn't have tasted the food as I was so busy talking to everyone.

The viennese table was fabulous too.  We actually provided to go boxes that they put out once everyone had time to go up and get somthing. That way nothing went to waste.  People brought desserts home with them and the rest they boxed up for us in our boxes and we brought it back to the after party in the hotel.

We were able to negotiate down to a 180 minimum (thank goodness because we had a lot of declines and didn't even meet that).  We paid $100 pp (before tax and tip) for a Saturday night.  Everything included was so worth it.  AND I'm totally jealous that you get the free uplighting! They were just starting to do that at the time of my wedding I believe and I had already paid the vedor extra for it! The lighting is totally worth it!

~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you Chelsea for all the great info-sounds awesome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards