New Jersey
Options

What's your Monday rant?

I was rushing to pick mh up at the airport.  I took Harley out to do his business right before I left and he stepped in dog pooh and proceeded to walk all over the kitchen floor before I realized it.  Why is it when you're in a hurry stuff like that  happens?  Argh

Re: What's your Monday rant?

• Options
    jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tucker loves to dig a hole and get muddy right before I have to leave for work.  He behaves much better when I have nowhere to go!  It's almost time for a puppy play date!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hi irene!!

So it took me 2 1/2 hours to get to work today.  It normally takes me 15min! North Jersey roads are horrible! There are closures everywhere and floods, and detours...and hubby and i have no idea how we are going to make it home tonight...we are in Wayne and live in parsippany....its all closed lol

Ugh! Happy Monday!

And yes im happy its not snow! :)
  • Options
    tvlirenetvlirene member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Jen!  This pup has way too much energy and I'm looking forward to Tucker tiring him out :)
    How's the planning?
  • Options
    tvlirenetvlirene member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sucks Cheryl!  I was lucky, I breezed to the airport.  Our friends live in Teaneck and they won't have power until Wed.  I can't imagine.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here's my rant:  I teach middle school language arts and right now all math and language arts (and some science) teachers are preparing our kids for the NJ ASK which will be administered in about 6 weeks.

I'm tired of test prep, my kids are tired of test prep, and I long for the days when teachers could teach things that actually INTERESTED the kids instead of drilling them to the point of exhaustion just so they can pass a stupid state test that will determine their track in school and that may, in fact, be graded and scored by a complete imbecile whose own English abilities are worse than my students'.  WHOOO... sorry... almost ran out of breath there typing!  Haha.
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got a physical last week, which involved blood and urine tests.

I talked to the receptionist at my doctor's office this morning, and apparently (among other things), I have a thyroid issue that the doctor wants to talk to me about.  The doctor was supposed to call at 2.  It is now 4.  I am essentially glued to my phone because I know if I miss the call we'll be playing phone tag forever.  I'm afraid to even get up to go to the bathroom.

When do doctor's offices close usually?  At least I'll be unjailed then...
  • Options
    jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_whats-monday-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:7af36a0d-f9d1-45a5-a3b5-bdf415f49405Post:ce37948e-cc36-4992-a4b4-ea1fe2035a53">Re: What's your Monday rant?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got a physical last week, which involved blood and urine tests. I talked to the receptionist at my doctor's office this morning, and apparently (among other things), I have a thyroid issue that the doctor wants to talk to me about.  The doctor was supposed to call at 2.  It is now 4.  I am essentially glued to my phone because I know if I miss the call we'll be playing phone tag forever.  I'm afraid to even get up to go to the bathroom. When do doctor's offices close usually?  At least I'll be unjailed then...
    Posted by uppereastgirl[/QUOTE]

<div>I hope your doctor calls soon, but most that I know make their phone calls when they are done with patients for the day, you might not be unjailed until your Dr. finishes and gets to his/her calls.  </div>
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I work in Fairfield (on a road that runs parallel to 46) and have no clue how I'm going to get home...everything's closed all around us, they basically have us land locked (water locked??) in...woohoo!  Yell
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It took me 2 1/2 hrs from pompton lakes to cedar grove today! It usually takes me 20 mins in the mornings!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My car has been making a noise on and off for months... finally bring it in. I need a new (fill in the blank bc I don't know the name) belt. I also need new front break pads and my rear breaks need to be serviced. Oh, and my front speaker needs to be replaced (but covered under warranty) and an oil change. Total cost: $550. JUST what I need right before the wedding...
    *~allie~*

• Options
    kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_whats-monday-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:7af36a0d-f9d1-45a5-a3b5-bdf415f49405Post:6485a9c0-1bdb-4aa9-99d6-3ba52fbbeb4e">Re: What's your Monday rant?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Here's my rant:  I teach middle school language arts and right now all math and language arts (and some science) teachers are preparing our kids for the NJ ASK which will be administered in about 6 weeks. I'm tired of test prep, my kids are tired of test prep, and I long for the days when teachers could teach things that actually INTERESTED the kids instead of drilling them to the point of exhaustion just so they can pass a stupid state test that will determine their track in school and that may, in fact, be graded and scored by a complete imbecile whose own English abilities are worse than my students'.  WHOOO... sorry... almost ran out of breath there typing!  Haha.
    Posted by peaches85[/QUOTE]

<div>Can't agree more!!! We're getting ready for the PSSAs in Philly and their idea to get the kids to get ready is to test them Tues-Thurs. for 2  hours from the beginning of March till the end of April.  Oh and we also have to have a "pep rally" in the hall in the morning.  Keep in mind I don't even get to see my 8th grade classes for 3 days a week and am stuck with my homeroom all morning before lunch.  Redic!!!!</div>
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We have water in our basement and it feels like a losing battle sometimes with it.  It is seeping in through the floor, the ground is just so saturdated the water has no where to go.  After 2 days of shop vacing and the sump pump running on and off, it looks like it is slowing down...at least i hope!
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    F/u to my rant... He never called!!!  I got stood up!!! 

(after all that waiting but also -- I'd like to know what's wrong with me?)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe it's not as serious as it seems and that's why he didn't call?

My rant - my boss can really be a big baby sometimes! Seriously, I'm going to leave without saying goodbye to you because I'm so mad at you. Childish.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The flooding for sure! Feel so sorry for the people with water in their homes.
  • Options
    DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    THANK YOU LAURIE for your post!  After reading it, i sent FI down to the basement and found 6 inches!   I'm taking a break from shop vac-ing now, but we seriously are not even half-way done.  It's times like this when I question why exactly i wanted to buy a house so badly!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is a crazy rant but the snow refuses to melt at my house.  I live on top of a mountain and as soon as I drive to the bottom there is no snow.  I have 1.5 feet still left.  I only care because i have some anemone bulbs I forgot to put in in the fall and I am going to toss them in the ground and prey that by next year they bloom.  And its really annoying that the bulbs are popping out of the ground in morristown where I work but I wont even see my daffodils until a month after everyone else. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards