North Carolina
Options

Mason Jars and Lanterns

Hi! Anyone know where to find large clear mason jars (online or in an actual store)? TIA! 

Also: I'm looking for large white lanterns...something similar to the picture below or something more simple. Anyone know where to find these? I could really buy them in any color & paint them....any suggestions are appreciated!

image Matt & Ashley 5.08.10

Re: Mason Jars and Lanterns

• Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Mason jars can be found at Michaels and maybe AC Moore. You could also try to local farmers market :)

Lanters. . maybe try checking out HomeGoods. It'll be a hit or miss, but I remember seeing something like that not too long ago. Also, craigslist! :) thats where I got mine
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They sell Mason jars at Wal-mart.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    These lanterns are not nearly as "elegant" as your picture, but check these out at IKEA:
    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30122986

• Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Damn. . now I want those *sigh* . . .whats worse is we're going to IKEA this weekend. . anyone need anything?? Hah!
  • Options
    Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Michaels has lanterns, but they may be smaller than the one you have a picture of.  I think they had them in white and black.
  • Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was going to suggest Ikea too for lanterns, and Walmart for mason jars. I will be buying Mason jars for my guests to drink out of. It'll go with the theme of the wedding (simple and cheap HAH!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Trash to treasure board for the lanterns would be my guess or a website.  I'm assuming you need more than a few and I doubt you'll be able to find more than a few at those stores, unless they can call around and guarentee that they have them in stock at other stores and would hold them for you.  How many do you need?
    image Ellie and Morgan
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    These are the type of lanterns that I used for my wedding and they look so elegant :)

http://www.wholesalemart.com/Wholesale-White-Scrollwork-Candle-Lantern-p/38332.htm
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I found mason jars in packs of 12 online at Walmart and Ace Hardware for a great price! 

clschnack  - I love your lanterns and I'm definitely going to check around on that site! Thanks!

kgaliger - I think I'm going to have 14-15 tables. I might do mason jar floral arrangements on half the tables and lanterns on the other half....or maybe a smaller lantern AND a mason jar floral arrangement on each table.  So to answer your question...7-14 lanterns I suppose.
    image Matt & Ashley 5.08.10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards