New Jersey

After 72 days of marriage..

Kim K and Kris H are calling it quits. 

I love Kim so much but seriously.. This is just another story if getting hyped by wedding plans.  So sad- her 2nd marriage too.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: After 72 days of marriage..

• GiGiV2012GiGiV2012 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I knew this wouldn't last.....
  • altimat873altimat873 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shocker (sarcasm).
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_after-72-days-of-marriage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:7c6f37b0-b2c2-4dc3-baac-25ca8fa4e1f4Post:8a96f472-5f45-4647-828e-9e4a3c531060">Re: After 72 days of marriage..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Shocker (sarcasm).
    Posted by altimat873[/QUOTE]

Biggest shock of 2011!  They were fighting the whole time and even @ the rehearsal dinner... I mean, seriously.  lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think she just wanted to get married to anybody badly. She has talked about marriage since Reggie Bush and just about every guy she has dated after. Everyone said it killed her when Khloe got married first. I think some people get caught up in the whole idea of "marriage" and the glitz of planning a wedding (haha "glitz....those of us w/o a wedding planner and unlimited funds know just how glitzy it really is). Im sure they didnt think things through and got caught up. Who knows....I have very little sympathy. Rather than working on something they are taking the easy and quick way out....divorce.
  • HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    She just wanted the big wedding not a marriage. It's no shock.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Divorce docs already up on TMZ....
  • TwoByTwilightTwoByTwilight member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I asked on the E board if they should return their gifts....

Should they or shouldn't they.

I mean it's only 72 days!
  • edited December 2011
    My FI is having a field day with #ThingsLongerThanKimsMarriage on twitter... it's getting out of hand.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Roseinbloom2Roseinbloom2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Seriously...talk about getting married just to have an amazing wedding.  Ugh
  • edited December 2011

Not shocking, but kind of ridiculous that these people get as much attention as they do. What's sad is the young girls out there that are looking up to this woman and want to be just like here.

• edited December 2011
    Anyone else think this was a publicity stunt?
  • TwoByTwilightTwoByTwilight member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_after-72-days-of-marriage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:7c6f37b0-b2c2-4dc3-baac-25ca8fa4e1f4Post:56d71a09-7ede-40d3-a3ba-65983618f67e">Re: After 72 days of marriage..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anyone else think this was a publicity stunt?
    Posted by odonnellalys[/QUOTE]

I sure do. And it's really sad if it was, that whole family is a joke.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_after-72-days-of-marriage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:7c6f37b0-b2c2-4dc3-baac-25ca8fa4e1f4Post:56d71a09-7ede-40d3-a3ba-65983618f67e">Re: After 72 days of marriage..</a>:

I don't.  It was obvious that she was so in love with the idea of a big wedding and getting married that she didn't care who it was to.  I don't doubt that he loved her, but he didn't love all that came with it.  She was hounding him to work yet she knew/knows there is a lockout going on... They were bickering all the way up until the wedding day... Problems (esp financial) don't get fixed after you're married just bc you're now married. 

As for returning gifts... I DO think all of the gifts should be returned.  My fi have been to two weddings that lasted under 6months- IDK, it just doesn't seem right to keep generous gifts, split them, and go on your way.  Being realistic, gifts will never be returned.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Kim but I'm not surprised this didn't last...
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • buttrflyahbuttrflyah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Seriously what an embarrassment.  I agree, she loved the idea of a big wedding.  TMZ wrote something like how their $10 million wedding cost them about $138,000 for everyday they've been married.  

The best part about reading the story on E! online, was the ad for their ridiculously hyped up 2 day wedding special displayed right above the story.  Talk about irony!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mpaone24mpaone24 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think celebrities in general don't take marriage seriously.  Not saying that all don't because there are those success stories with being in the public eye.  But I feel like this is ruining the sanctity of marriage.  I don't understand why they resort to divorce instead of trying to work through their issues.

I agree with everyone's statements, she was in love with the idea of a wedding, not a marriage.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I like Kim but this was seriously all a money maker for her. yes she spent 10 million on her wedding but she also made about 20 on it between the pictures the 2 part special and she got PAID got go to her bridal shower!

He was just along for the ride as well. Look how famous he is now. He's like another Kevin Federline (although he didnt make it to kid stage).

Is it bad that i laughed a bit when i found out? That could also be bc FI was the one to tell me...

Nov 2012 Siggy: The ring!
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am not surprised at all I just thought that she might pop out a kid before it ended.
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    No surprise here...The wedding special says it all. She couldn't stand him in the days leading up o the wedding..gross....obviously all for publicity...I guess the bigger question is- What the heck was he thinking???

totally disconnected...pretty much says it all....

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • NJgurl19NJgurl19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is no surprise to me. I also think it was a publicity stunt!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    To make matters worse:

Kris Humphries(notes) had a suspicion his celebrity wife Kim Kardashian could be bailing on their marriage, but has told NBA friends he was “blindsided” by Monday’s divorce filing and learned of the news through a TMZ report like the rest of the world.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_kris_humphries_kardashian_103111

That's just devastating & beyond comprehension.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_after-72-days-of-marriage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:7c6f37b0-b2c2-4dc3-baac-25ca8fa4e1f4Post:27bf7f82-6eb1-478d-9af7-1a93cec2781e">Re: After 72 days of marriage..</a>:
    [QUOTE]To make matters worse: Kris Humphries (notes) had a suspicion his celebrity wife Kim Kardashian could be bailing on their marriage, but has told NBA friends he was “blindsided” by Monday’s divorce filing and learned of the news through a TMZ report like the rest of the world . <a href="http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_kris_humphries_kardashian_103111" rel='nofollow'>http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_kris_humphries_kardashian_103111</a> That's just devastating & beyond comprehension.
    Posted by DoubleAS[/QUOTE]

That's just disgusting.
  • rlavachrlavach member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_after-72-days-of-marriage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:7c6f37b0-b2c2-4dc3-baac-25ca8fa4e1f4Post:56d71a09-7ede-40d3-a3ba-65983618f67e">Re: After 72 days of marriage..</a>:
    Of course it was. It was a two-hour E! extravaganza that was hyped up for weeks. Poor Khloe only got 1 episode. ::sarcasm::<div>
    </div><div>Everything these ladies do is for publicity. That's what they have PR people for. The more we talk about them, the more $ they make because their name stays relevant. Was it really a coincidence that their Sears collection came out at the same time? I think not.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_after-72-days-of-marriage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:7c6f37b0-b2c2-4dc3-baac-25ca8fa4e1f4Post:8cde9b0e-45b0-4fab-b184-9de34780f0dd">Re: After 72 days of marriage..</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI is having a field day with #ThingsLongerThanKimsMarriage on twitter... it's getting out of hand.
    Posted by diamondx423[/QUOTE]

<div>The reruns on E! </div><div>
    </div><div>It was a total publicity stunt. They had been contacting sports agents about finding her a no-name basketball player to marry. I don't know how anyone can stomach any of them...let alone like them. Shows how stupid our country has become. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rlavachrlavach member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_after-72-days-of-marriage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:7c6f37b0-b2c2-4dc3-baac-25ca8fa4e1f4Post:23f1952c-b8c2-4a13-beb9-9e9039c9b65f">Re: After 72 days of marriage..</a>:
    [QUOTE]No surprise here...The wedding special says it all. <strong>She couldn't stand him in the days leading up o the wedding</strong>..gross....obviously all for publicity...I guess the bigger question is- What the heck was he thinking??? totally disconnected...pretty much says it all....
    Posted by TripleJTobe[/QUOTE]
    I only saw about 10min of the wedding extravaganza, but the few minutes I did see were at their rehearsal dinner where she was stating how much she hated him & they weren't even talking. What bothered me most was that another married couple there was telling her that's normal. 'oh yeah, I hated my husband right before the wedding too. it'll all go away once you're married.' Yeah, OK! I understand a little tension due to stress, but not to that level. That's when I switched the channel.
  • keyri06keyri06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm starting to think so...she got paid 17.9million for the rights to her wedding plus all the engagement & honeymoon pics she sold, plus all the interviews, etc...at first I thought she was just really desperate LOL but now I'm starting to think the Kardashians will do anything for a payday..& I'm not gonna lie, I follow their show! LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards