New Jersey
Options

Avenue in Long Branch, NJ

We are planning a wedding long distance, which limits our availability to set up appointments to view all venues we are interested in. I have been in contact with this venue through email, but wanted to see if anyone has personal experiences? Thanks!

Re: Avenue in Long Branch, NJ

• Options
    Hi! I went to College right in that area (Monmouth U) & visited Avenue a few times - its located in Pier Vilage - its beautiful as it has ocean views, its modern was only built i believe in 2005 (?) and the food is amazing there - but i have never been to a wedding there. 

The only thing i would recommend is to review the parking (i know it seems insignificant) but since it is located in the middle of Pier Village which is an apartment complex with shopping and restaurants all around - i do specifically rem that parking was awful there! 

Hope this helps and good luck!!
    Anniversary

Vacation
  • Options
    agu101agu101 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2013
    It depends what kind of a vibe you are going for with your wedding.  I looked at Avenue and hated it.  First of all, the coordinator forgot we had an appointment and wasn't there on the day I scheduled to meet with him, so the confused hostess had to find some assistant to meet with me after making me wait 20 minutes by myself in an empty restaurant (bad sign!).  Yes, the rooftop aspect is very cool, but the set-up for your wedding will be like a 4-hr cocktail party.  There is very little seating, so if you have older guests this will be a problem.  For food they do either a buffet or hor d'oeuvres- no sit down.  You can only have a DJ (we knew we wanted a band, so that was a problem for us).  The kicker, however, is that your wedding must be over by 10pm- and not a minute later.  They literally shuffle you and your guests out so they can open the club up to the public (I've seen it happen many times).  They don't even offer you a table and bottle service as a thank you for having your wedding with them, which to me is extremely rude and ungrateful.  

I live in the area and looked at a ton of venues around the shore area in Monmouth/Ocean counties.  If you give some details about what you're looking for in your ideal venue, I'd be happy to give you some more venue suggestions.  PM me anytime.
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_avenue-in-long-branch-nj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:7fbd0996-e3fe-4f38-a2af-32ad8af77e75Post:d29167ab-7c87-4ee6-ae21-2679e3f969db">Re: Avenue in Long Branch, NJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! I went to College right in that area (Monmouth U) & visited Avenue a few times - its located in Pier Vilage - its beautiful as it has ocean views, its modern was only built i believe in 2005 (?) and the food is amazing there - but i have never been to a wedding there.  The only thing i would recommend is to review the parking (i know it seems insignificant) but since it is located in the middle of Pier Village which is an apartment complex with shopping and restaurants all around - i do specifically rem that parking was awful there!  Hope this helps and good luck!!
    Posted by Smitten2012[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much! It does help having someone personally see it before. Thanks for the tip on the parking as well!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_avenue-in-long-branch-nj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:7fbd0996-e3fe-4f38-a2af-32ad8af77e75Post:34696f46-1151-418c-8986-5d44df4bbc41">Re: Avenue in Long Branch, NJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]It depends what kind of a vibe you are going for with your wedding.  I looked at Avenue and hated it.  First of all, the coordinator forgot we had an appointment and wasn't there on the day I scheduled to meet with him, so the confused hostess had to find some assistant to meet with me after making me wait 20 minutes by myself in an empty restaurant (bad sign!).  Yes, the rooftop aspect is very cool, but the set-up for your wedding will be like a 4-hr cocktail party.  There is very little seating, so if you have older guests this will be a problem.  For food they do either a buffet or hor d'oeuvres- no sit down.  You can only have a DJ (we knew we wanted a band, so that was a problem for us).  The kicker, however, is that your wedding must be over by 10pm- and not a minute later.  They literally shuffle you and your guests out so they can open the club up to the public (I've seen it happen many times).  They don't even offer you a table and bottle service as a thank you for having your wedding with them, which to me is extremely rude and ungrateful.   I live in the area and looked at a ton of venues around the shore area in Monmouth/Ocean counties.  If you give some details about what you're looking for in your ideal venue, I'd be happy to give you some more venue suggestions.  PM me anytime.
    Posted by agu101[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your response! We actually discussed doing a small wedding (probably 5o guests) with just close friends and family. The one aspect we really liked was doing a brunch reception, so thankfully, the club opening at 10 won't be an issue for us.

Do you mind me asking how long ago you went and looked at this venue? I'm wondering if the structure and inside are in good condition?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_avenue-in-long-branch-nj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:7fbd0996-e3fe-4f38-a2af-32ad8af77e75Post:defebe19-722f-4019-a758-b721025a7986">Re: Avenue in Long Branch, NJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avenue in Long Branch, NJ : Thanks for your response! We actually discussed doing a small wedding (probably 5o guests) with just close friends and family. The one aspect we really liked was doing a brunch reception, so thankfully, the club opening at 10 won't be an issue for us. Do you mind me asking how long ago you went and looked at this venue? I'm wondering if the structure and inside are in good condition?
    Posted by RyLee1201[/QUOTE]

<div>I live in the area and go to Pier Village all the time.  Avenue is fine and had minimal damage.  They're up and running.  Just to throw some other venue suggestions that might interest you for a brunch reception:</div><div>- McCloone's Pier House (also in Pier Village next to Avenue)</div><div>- McCloone's Supper Club in Asbury Park</div><div>- Watermark in Asbury Park </div>
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • Options
    I looked at Avenue a month ago and thought the space was beautiful. The coordinator said they can accomodate a sit-down, but it must be fore 120 people or less, so you could potentially bring in tables for your brunch. I thought the setup was a bit awkward-- there is a large column blocking your dance floor from your seating area, but if you are doing brunch, it might not be an issue. There is a beautiful bridal suite one floor below, and I thought their menu was much more creative than some of the other places I had seen.

I ended up booking @ McLoone's Pier House, down the boardwalk. Would reccommend you take them into consideration if Long Branch is your spot! They've been wonderful to work with so far.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_avenue-in-long-branch-nj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:7fbd0996-e3fe-4f38-a2af-32ad8af77e75Post:7ffcc40f-e36e-4797-b98e-ab7aa7263c7f">Re: Avenue in Long Branch, NJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]I looked at Avenue a month ago and thought the space was beautiful. The coordinator said they can accomodate a sit-down, but it must be fore 120 people or less, so you could potentially bring in tables for your brunch. I thought the setup was a bit awkward-- there is a large column blocking your dance floor from your seating area, but if you are doing brunch, it might not be an issue. There is a beautiful bridal suite one floor below, and I thought their menu was much more creative than some of the other places I had seen. I ended up booking @ McLoone's Pier House, down the boardwalk. Would reccommend you take them into consideration if Long Branch is your spot! They've been wonderful to work with so far.
    Posted by myurasits[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I will check them out as well!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_avenue-in-long-branch-nj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:7fbd0996-e3fe-4f38-a2af-32ad8af77e75Post:34696f46-1151-418c-8986-5d44df4bbc41">Re: Avenue in Long Branch, NJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]It depends what kind of a vibe you are going for with your wedding.  I looked at Avenue and hated it.  First of all, the coordinator forgot we had an appointment and wasn't there on the day I scheduled to meet with him, so the confused hostess had to find some assistant to meet with me after making me wait 20 minutes by myself in an empty restaurant (bad sign!).  Yes, the rooftop aspect is very cool, but the set-up for your wedding will be like a 4-hr cocktail party.  There is very little seating, so if you have older guests this will be a problem.  For food they do either a buffet or hor d'oeuvres- no sit down.  You can only have a DJ (we knew we wanted a band, so that was a problem for us).  The kicker, however, is that your wedding must be over by 10pm- and not a minute later.  They literally shuffle you and your guests out so they can open the club up to the public (I've seen it happen many times).  They don't even offer you a table and bottle service as a thank you for having your wedding with them, which to me is extremely rude and ungrateful.   I live in the area and looked at a ton of venues around the shore area in Monmouth/Ocean counties.  If you give some details about what you're looking for in your ideal venue, I'd be happy to give you some more venue suggestions.  PM me anytime.
    Posted by agu101[/QUOTE]

I just sent you a PM. Thank you!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_avenue-in-long-branch-nj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:7fbd0996-e3fe-4f38-a2af-32ad8af77e75Post:7ffcc40f-e36e-4797-b98e-ab7aa7263c7f">Re: Avenue in Long Branch, NJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]I looked at Avenue a month ago and thought the space was beautiful. The coordinator said they can accomodate a sit-down, but it must be fore 120 people or less, so you could potentially bring in tables for your brunch. I thought the setup was a bit awkward-- there is a large column blocking your dance floor from your seating area, but if you are doing brunch, it might not be an issue. There is a beautiful bridal suite one floor below, and I thought their menu was much more creative than some of the other places I had seen. I ended up booking @ McLoone's Pier House, down the boardwalk. Would reccommend you take them into consideration if Long Branch is your spot! They've been wonderful to work with so far.
    Posted by myurasits[/QUOTE]

If you do a brunch, is there no seating available?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards