New Jersey
Options

TO MY FELLOW JERSEY BRIDES....BEWARE THIS BRIDAL SALON

It is 39 DAYS until my wedding and I may not be able to get my dress!
Beware   ENZO BRIDAL 345 US RT 9 MANALAPAN, NJ 07726
October 25 2009 I went into this store and was amazed. It is a beautiful store and the consultant and manager were very nice. I ordered a Pronovias dress that same day and paid half. I was told my dress would arrive the first week of february. I called 4 days before to confirm and i was told and i quote "Oh no...this dress wont be in in february!"  (Like i made it up)  "It will be here the first week of march. Chinese new year pushed everything back" I was upset but they assured me there would be plenty of time before my May 2 wedding to alter the dress. On thursday march 4 i still hadn't heard anything and so i called in the evening. the same manager told me she would call the manufacturer the following day and call me back. well friday came and went...saturday came and went and still no call. my fiancee and i decided to go in there sunday and get some answers. This was when i met the S.O.B.  crook of an owner. Mr. ENZO himself. He was completely rude to both my fiancee and i and our concerns. he told me we always get the dress. six weeks we always get the dress. then the manager came over and was oh! i was going to call you! the dress should be here march 21. according to her in china they take 3 weeks off for chinese new year. yet my dress was six weeks late!i got irritated and walked out since they claimed there was nothing they could do. she called me an hour later and said i am going to try and get your dress in next week. well that week came and went and the 21st came and went (my 6 week mark to my wedding too)they are closed mondays and tuesdays. monday night my mother and i were talking about the dress and i decided to double check their website for their hours...only to find out their website was disabled. thinking i maybe typed it in wrong i googled them and then i saw allllll the terrible reviews. i couldn't breathe. there were stories identical to mine! some worse. one girl found out three months before her wedding that they NEVER EVEN ORDERED HER DRESS.the next day my mother called them every hour on the hour since she was the one who had paid for the dress. fortunately for us the manager was there and mistakenly picked up the phone even though they were not open. my mom is awesome and she got the woman to spill a TON. 
MY DRESS IS IN MANHATTAN BEING HELD BY PRONOVIAS ALONG WITH SEVERAL OTHER DRESSES.
obviously Mr. Enzo./Mr.Scumbag owes them a lot of money and they will not release the dress. the manager gave my mom the number and who to speak to but there is nothing pronovias can do at the moment.
it baffles my mind that these people were going to let it get closer and closer to my wedding date and never say a damn thing to me.
we are going to speak with the bastard today and get him to do whatever he has to to get me my dress. i am notifying the prosecutors office and bringing a police officer along with me. we will be suing enzo bridal.
i am completely stressed out that i may have to start from scratch just 39 days until my wedding.
I just needed to warn everyone!Please pass this along.stay far far away from these people.
good luck with everything!much love....

Re: TO MY FELLOW JERSEY BRIDES....BEWARE THIS BRIDAL SALON

• Options
    edited December 2011

I'm so sorry! There was another bride here the other day saying the exact same thing happened to her. She said she was able to call the manufacturer and pay the difference and they shipped the dress directly to her. I would call Pronovias and pay them directly and get your dress!

Hope that helps.

Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    EllleEllle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!
    yes my aunt is speaking with them again today.
    i am keeping my fingers crossed.

the other bride got her dress at the same place??!?

i just cant believe these people are allowed to scam people like this!
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I am so sorry to hear this.  I really hope everything works out for you.  There's enough stress towards the last months until the wedding, I can't imagine having no dress.

Good luck & exhaust every option you can until you get your dress back!
  • Options
    jtheissjtheiss member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How is this place even still in business with all of the complaints against them?? I mean, I guess it's easy to turn a profit if you just keep the deposits and never actually deliver a product. But how have the authorities not stepped in and shut this place down yet?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    so sorry to hear that. Seems to be the only way to get your dress is to go direct to the manufacturer. You should get all the brides together who have been scammed to get a bigger lawsuit going- they cannot just keep doing this to people. Good luck!
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh my god! I'm so sorry to hear this--it's my biggest fear, to be honest. I think the one thing that would turn me into a crazy Bridezilla would be the dress not arriving! I almost went to this place to try dresses on, since I was interested in a Pronovias gown as well. Glad I went elsewhere now. Good luck!
  • Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You are not alone.  I had the same problem.  They do not pay the bill until the last possible chance.  There dresses come COD and when they don't pay they either are held at UPS or sent back to the manufacturer.  Luckily, the manufacturer called the store for me and the store said they would pay, I finally got my dress after 7 months!  I brought my father with me, who is a very serious business man.  I posted on the other girls post and I told my dad about it, he joked and said "did you tell the girls that you have a get-it-done-dad-for-rent?" Honestly bring muscle, it seems to work.   

DO NOT GO TO ENZO!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ellle- I have a gown that I bought from there that I am not using.  It is Romantic Style number 7028
    Here is the link:
    Its a size 6
    If you are interested in it let me know.  I was going to wait til after the wedding to sell it as I am way too busy right now to deal with it.  
  • Options
    Kris10_NJKris10_NJ member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh. my. gosh!  That is absolutely terrible!  I don't understand how people as unethical as that still manage to stay in business.  I hope soo much for you that you'll be able to get the dress you wanted/ordered.  Maybe it will work out if you call Pronovias, like PP's said.  I'm so sorry that happened to you!! Good luck and I hope things work out okay :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    felicia- why are you selling the dress? Did you have to buy a new one, or just decide to? just curious- it's a very pretty dress...
    *~allie~*

• Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow! Im glad I ordered my Pronovias elsewhere, sorry for your troubles!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So sorry to hear about your situation. I hope everything works out for you. I think calling the manufacturer might be the easiest answer.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry that you are going through this...especially when you should be so excited because you are soo close. If you are having difficulty try Russell's in Linden. They had a bunch of dresses that you can buy right off the rack for half price...in case of emergency....best of luck and I hope it all works out.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_fellow-jersey-bridesbeware-this-bridal-salon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:82277beb-fef5-49ae-bab5-d1bd05c21defPost:906da8af-6162-4ba1-b8ff-b9818d6cde70">Re: TO MY FELLOW JERSEY BRIDES....BEWARE THIS BRIDAL SALON</a>:
    [QUOTE]felicia- why are you selling the dress? Did you have to buy a new one, or just decide to? just curious- it's a very pretty dress...
    Posted by akmackay[/QUOTE]

<div>The main problem with the dress is that the tulle was stitched inward and was scratching my legs.(From the three different seamstresses i have spoken to, it is an easy fix)  After all the problems I had with the dress shop, I didn't even want the dress anymore.  It was an association thing.  Every time I even looked at it I got frustrated.   I still think the dress is beautiful, but I ended up getting a different dress. ( My posts maybe confusing, sorry i should have explained that I am wearing two different dresses the dress I am selling the dress that my earlier post is about are two different dresses.)  So, to answer your question, No I didn't have to get another dress, but wanted to.  It ended well because I actually found a dress that I liked better.  Anyway thats my story</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    felicia- got it! it was just my curiosity haha
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    hahaha akmackay- understood!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry to hear about your headaches with this store. I would also call the media.....the Shame, Shame, Shame... or Howard, or anyone in TV.  That will also give more exposure to his scams.

Did you speak directly to the Manhattan Store? If the store sends your deposit and you pay the rest, can they release the dress to you?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Yusi and call the media, this needs to be stopped. You poor darling, how tragically stressful this! 

I wish you the best of luck and hope everything works out.

Did you hear back from Provinas?
  • Options
    Heater020780Heater020780 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am so sorry....enzo is terrible and they need to shut down already. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_fellow-jersey-bridesbeware-this-bridal-salon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:82277beb-fef5-49ae-bab5-d1bd05c21defPost:101f3076-d657-4bc0-9867-e0df6067602a">Re: TO MY FELLOW JERSEY BRIDES....BEWARE THIS BRIDAL SALON</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm so sorry to hear about your headaches with this store. I would also call the media.....the Shame, Shame, Shame... or Howard, or anyone in TV.  That will also give more exposure to his scams. Did you speak directly to the Manhattan Store? If the store sends your deposit and you pay the rest, can they release the dress to you?
    Posted by yusi19[/QUOTE]

Yes! This is a great idea, Help me Howard to the rescue!
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    While we are on the topic of bridal shops, DO NOT use Follia bridal in White Plains for bridesmaid dresses. They were AWFUL and forgot to order one of our girls dress after she had put down her deposit for it. Then they were NOT apologetic after the fact. Terrible customer service. STAY AWAY!
  • Options
    EllleEllle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone so much!
    i really appreciate the support.
    i took my sample gown from him. it was the same size i had ordered. but 5 inches too long! and the lace is not in good shape. but i figured it was better than nothing. i dealt with the collections lawyer assigned to the case and he is very hopeful to be able to get pronovias to release the dress. my dress is number 1 priority to him now. my wedding date is the soonest! the only one in MAY. and May 2nd at that.
    pronovias was closed by the time he was able to contact them with my receipt...but he will hear from them tomorrow.
    he had needed my contract and told STEVE ENZO to bring mine with him. but he 'forgot'  yet as my aunt and mother and i yelled at him in his shop he told me he wants everyone to get their dress and he isnt trying to screw anyone. HA HA HA.
    very funny.
    the police dept. was called to the shop 4 times today! 
    fingers crossed everyone that i get my dress from pronovias by saturday! i need to get it on my body and get it fitted! with all this stress its even bigger than before.

ill keep you all posted and i really hope anyone else who is involved with this terrible place gets their dress!
    good luck!
    love always
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I do not know what help this could possibly be, but I work down the street from the Pronovias flagship store and got my dress there as well.  If you need someone to stop by there (and do what, i'm not sure, but if you do) let me know
  • Options
    amayerson729amayerson729 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel so sorry for you!  They called me at 12:30 today, and told me to be there by 3, or my dress would be gone.  Thank god I was able to get there. 

Good luck to you.  I have heard great things about True Love Bridal on Route 9. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards