New Jersey

trial tip?

hi girls!

im going into the salon today for hair and make up.. how much did you tip for your  trial? do i tip for this?

Re: trial tip?

• edited December 2011
    I didn't tip for the trial. I'll over tip the day of.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think I tipped on the trials
  • Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did not tip either.  But I went to a private makeup person.  if your going to a salon I am guessing that they dont get to keep the $ so I would tip in that case.
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't tip my make-up person bcause I went to her house. But I tipped for hair trial because it was in a salon. I tipped like I would for any other special occasion because I was going to a wedding that day.
  • edited December 2011
    i have only gone for my make up trial...it was $50 so i tipped her $10. i wasn't sure what to do so i just decided to tip
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not planning on tipping for my hair or makeup trial.
  • edited December 2011
    I went to the salon so I tipped.  20%.  She is my regular stylist though and everytime I get my haircut she straightens and then curls it and goes above and beyond.  I like to treat her well because I get her services for a steal.  If I went to someone new at a salon I might tip 15%.  If they came to my house I probably wouldnt tip.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't tip- but it was the owner. Not sure what I would have done if it was a worker
    *~allie~*

• teacup0618teacup0618 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going to tip, just because I will still be receiving services from that person. IMO whether its a trial or not they are still taking time out of their day to do something for you :)
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i didnt tip for my hair trial.... havent done make up yet
  • Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I tipped 20% and I had both owners

It's your call though what you want to do.
  • littledaisieslittledaisies member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't tip for my hair trial or my makeup trial. I figured I would tip them a little extra on the day of the wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    I did tip - but probably will tip a little more the day of.  But remember, if they are the owner of the salon, you do not have to tip.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards