New Jersey

rsvp date

hi girls!!  my wedding is sept 30.  what should the rsvp date be and when should i mail them out?
IAmPregnant Ticker Eat Drink and be Married

Re: rsvp date

• edited December 2011
    Hey. My wedding is September 2nd. I mailed mine out on June 21st with an RSVP date of July 26th. Figured I would give people at least 5 weeks to respond. Plus I only sent my save the dates out 2 months or so before I mailed out the invites so it should be fresh on everyone's mind. That would give me some time to iron out the seating charts and have everything ready for the venue 2 weeks prior to the wedding as instructed. Leave yourself some time after your RSVP date to hunt down the late people. That'll probably take a week.
  • cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is September 23rd, RSVP date is September 1st, and I am mailing them either July 15th or July 23rd.
  • altimat873altimat873 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is Nov 4th, RSVP date is Oct 4th and I plan to send them out first weekend in Sept.
  • sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    General rule of thumb is 1 month prior to the wedding date for the RSVP.. We sent ours out with 2 months to respond.
  • Faith2730Faith2730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

My wedding is July 30th.  I sent my invites out May 16th and had a RSVP date of June 30th.  My RSVP date is today and I still have 20+ people to track down.  Definitely give yourself plenty of time to hear back from people.

• GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married on September 9, our RSVP date is August 10 and we are HOPEFULLY sending out the invites by July 10.  Fingers crossed!  Had hoped to do it this week but they aren't in yet. 
  • edited December 2011
    I did a July 13 rsvp date for our August 13 wedding. Mailed them out very early (April 30) since we planned the wedding quickly (got engaged Feb 20, 2011, booked everything late March) and did not do save-the-dates.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    So for you, you should mail them mid-end July, rsvp date end of Aug/ early Sept.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kellybee83kellybee83 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did exactly 4 weeks before, June 17th for our July 15th wedding.
    We mailed our invitations out on May 9th.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Mailing invites around August 15th
    RSVP date is Oct 1st
    Wedding is Oct 29th

we're giving ourselves 2 weeks to track down the slackers who couldn't respond in the month and a half given!
    ExerciseMilestone image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards