New Jersey
Options

hello knotties - need some help

I'm excited to do some wedding planning again - my sister just got engaged. :)

Is there still a venue location spread sheet or site floating around? She's looking at either July or September 2011 with an outdoor ceremony, definitely under $100/person (she doesn't need a Saturday night, but I know her months are prime time). Probably North or Central Jersey. I may be around a bit more again, though I'm not sure how many people here I still "know"!

Thanks!
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: hello knotties - need some help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Amanda!  I can't help you, just wanted to say Hi.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    http://www.lakevalhallaclub.com

http://www.thearchitectsclub.com/2007/weddings_phototour.php a bit west

http://www.flandersvalleyweddings.com/

All had reasonable prices but were too small once our guest list increased by 50%.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to wedding at the Pines Manor in Edison once, as well as other events.  The outside isn't much to look at but the inside was nice and the food was really good.  I think they have various size rooms.  I didn't look into myself (it was a close family member that got married there and I didn't want to have it at the same place) but my cousin told me it was around that price range.  I will say that was a few years ago but I can't imagine they raised their prices that much.

One thing I wanted to say is I have been to a few weddings at Pantagis Renaissance in Scotch Plains.  I did not like it at all.  The food was so bad I actually left the wedding hungry and the service was horrible.  I only mention this because I know it is in that price range.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_hello-knotties-need?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:844153da-e537-451d-babb-483c4dc26883Post:66ba658e-ee03-4e62-9d6f-44a27a39416c">Re: hello knotties - need some help</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to wedding at the Pines Manor in Edison once, as well as other events.  The outside isn't much to look at but the inside was nice and the food was really good.  I think they have various size rooms.  I didn't look into myself (it was a close family member that got married there and I didn't want to have it at the same place) but my cousin told me it was around that price range.  I will say that was a few years ago but I can't imagine they raised their prices that much. One thing I wanted to say is I have been to a few weddings at Pantagis Renaissance in Scotch Plains.  I did not like it at all.  The food was so bad I actually left the wedding hungry and the service was horrible.  I only mention this because I know it is in that price range.
    Posted by Pebblesbridetobe[/QUOTE]

I went to a wedding at Pantagis in April 08 that was really good, actually....

Thanks everyone for the info - and Hi Kimmy! :)
  • Options
    Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We are having a Friday night wedding in October at Ravello's in East Hanover and are paying 100pp including tax and tip....gardens outside are gorgeous and their prices are the same year round.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Perona Farms www,peronafarms.com
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Will def. suggest Ravello's to my sisters.

Perona Farms is really nice (I went to Cindy/CM1208's wedding there - the food was great) but too far away.
  • Options
    alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    hi BSB!!  lake valhallla club was a fave contender on my list, biagio's is super cheap in paramus and good food but no glitz/glamour, then of course tides, landmark, woodcliff manor
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards