New Jersey
Options

Do you "tweet"?

Big discussion at work about twitter and how you just have to tweet in this day and age. I really don't see the point.  Is there a real purpose to it all? Am I missing something? Does anyone really care what I had for breakfast?? Just wondering...

Re: Do you "tweet"?

• Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I don't get Twitter, either.

The only one I look at once in a while is Conan O'Brien's because I think his tweets are funny.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I do have a twitter, but I do read waaaay more than I tweet!
    I write one tweet probably for every 500 I read!
    A lot of celebs post some crazy stuff, plus a lot of stores I like post secert twitter~only coupon codes.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    No I've never tweeted or looked at the site....
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am on twitter, but I rarely post.  I find it interesting to follow celebrities, companies, stores, etc.  Some restaurants and stores post promotions or coupons, I follow two of my wedding vendors to see what they've been working on lately, etc.

I only have one friend whose tweets I actually enjoy reading -- the rest don't post often, or kind of post pointless things.  One friend is on Four Square so most of her tweets are "I am at ___."  It is never an interesting place, so it really bugs me.

I like twitter a lot more than Facebook status updates.  If nothing else, it seems like people on twitter are more interesting/entertaining.  You don't see as many of the mundane "showering, then work, then gym, then dinner!!!" updates you see on Facebook.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not on it and I don't even read it, but I can see why some people are obsessed--mostly with celeb tweets...it's interesting to see what they say without a mouthpiece filtering them.  Definitely don't get it for an everyday person though.  I was at a friend's wedding a few months ago and a mutual friend at our table was essentially bragging about her # of followers...I found it pretty sad.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am on twitter but I don't tweet that often. I don't really get it. I like the above ideas about following stores and restaurants --i wasn't aware that you could do that.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have twitter but never use it. FI tweets all the time and its linked to his FB status... and it drives me crazy.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    JulepheniaJulephenia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got on twitter about 4-5 years ago when it first came out. Tweeted a tiny bit for a little while, then plum forgot about it. I'm technically still on there, but I don't think I've even read any tweets for months.

I'm a facebook girl. Twitter is too ADHD for me... and I'm pretty ADHD.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a twitter account for my freelance business and will post about my work and job related things/events. But, I don't have a "personal" twitter account where I say "taking a shower" or "brushing my teeth."  Most of my followers are clients or friends that are interested in my work and I follow their work as well.

I use it as a self-promotion PR tool, basically.
    image Tuffy
    RIP Little Man October 15, 1995 - June 1, 2010
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    no... I think it's dumb
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I think it's pointless and a waste of time (to read or write them) and I feel like the people who do have them and write about what they're doing every second of every day are either really full of themselves or just not happy enough with real life to enjoy it on their own without sharing with all of cyberspace.  Just my opinion.

I also never had MySpace and I had Facebook back when it first came out and was only open to college students, but got rid of it at the beginning of my senior year right before they started giving everyone access. I'm just not into social networking.  Even coming on TK was a stretch for me, haha!  :-)
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MyeMye
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i dont get twitter either, its like a giant facebook update non stop
  • Options
    LolyalyssaLolyalyssa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I pretty much use it for the same thing Uppereast does (celebrities, store, coupons, deals etc...).  A lot of businesses in NYC use it so that's why I follow.  But I don't tweet very much myself.  Also, I don't use Facebook at all so Twitter is my only social networking indulgence.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't keep up with everyones "tweets." And have blocked a few peoples status updates on FB because it's so annoying.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards