Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

alternatives for "who supports this woman/couple in marriage..."?

I need some wording suggestions for our ceremony. My mom is walking me down the aisle and I am interested in doing the whole "who supports this woman or who gives this woman, etc...." but the two basic ones I know, I'm not really liking. Any suggestions?Thanks!

Re: alternatives for "who supports this woman/couple in marriage..."?

• Options
    I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but my dad walked me down the aisle, wordlessly shook my H's hand and kissed my cheek, and then sat down.
  • Options
    I am looking for word alternatives. Like.. what else could I suggest to the officiant to ask instead of "Who gives this woman to this man (etc, etc)..?"Thanks!
  • Options
    "Who gives their blessing"?
  • Options
    Maybe your FI's parents could stand and the officiant could do a short prayer or speech (like, under 20 seconds) saying something like, "jwinhold and FI would like to thank their parents for their undying love, support, [and examples of what a good marriage should be
  • Options
    I think our officiant said "Who presents this woman..."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Congrats to both my TTC buddies, Amberley18 and sb2006 on their beautiful babies!
  • Options
    I like Stage's "blessing" ... I think I might actually use that now.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    Oops! Irshis gets cred for that, too!

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    Cut it out and don't say anything. To be honest I'm not sure I have ever heard it said at a wedding.
  • Options
    I'm considering using, "Who gives their loving support to this couple in their marriage?" Both sets of parents answer, "We do."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards