New Jersey
Options

What do u do with ur E-ring

on the day of your wedding?  Do you wear it on your right hand all day?  Do you put it back on your left hand after your wedding band is on?  Do you not wear it at all?

Re: What do u do with ur E-ring

• Options
    edited December 2011

I wore it on my right hand and switched it after the ring exchange

Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did the same as Jen (above); right hand until after exhange/ceremony.
    A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

• Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was planning on wearing it on my left hand like normal and then after he places the band on I'd just flip them around.
  • Options
    dmoney79dmoney79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i had it on my left had for a while, and some time during the ceremony i turned to my sister and asked her what was i supposed to do (and you can see it on the video)...so then i moved it to my right hand.....and i think in the limo on the way to the pictures i moved it back? i don't remember
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Right hand right before the ceremony then left after
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I wore it on my left hand and after we exchanged rings I swapped the order of them.  There's pictures of me doing this, lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    yankees320yankees320 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Tif.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was going to wear it on my right hand during the ceremony, but totally forgot to switch it.  All of a sudden we were doing our vows and ring exchange and I had to quickly get it off.  So I just took it off as he placed the wedding band on and then put it back on right after.
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    edited December 2011
    wore as usual and just moved when i sat down at church.  switched right back on top of wedding ring after he put the band on and we were sitting down again. 
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    melissamchiumelissamchiu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I meant to switch it to my right hand before the ceremony so when the ring ceremony started, I just switched it to my right hand.  After the ring ceremony, I put my e-ring back on my left hand.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_u-ur-e-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:85f2ad12-0af5-4bb6-b037-57c24ffbdddbPost:0c3ec1f4-cd25-4cc4-97d4-3eb0a558c7a5">Re: What do u do with ur E-ring</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was planning on wearing it on my left hand like normal and then after he places the band on I'd just flip them around.
    Posted by Laurms15[/QUOTE]

this is what i did and it worked out fine
    image 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can you just wear your wedding band on top of the engagement ring?
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_u-ur-e-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:85f2ad12-0af5-4bb6-b037-57c24ffbdddbPost:29d8830c-2349-4e64-be23-5ad412026f13">Re: What do u do with ur E-ring</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can you just wear your wedding band on top of the engagement ring?
    Posted by dolfin782[/QUOTE]

Yes, but most people prefer it the other way around, which is why I switched it after we exchanged rings.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is going to become my right hand ring because it wont fit with any wedding bands I pick, so it works out for me!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Initial plans were to wear it on my right hand, but I wore my grand mother's e-ring and wedding band on my right hand, so I kept on the left hand, during ring exchange the wedding band went on over it, and then I switched after we sat down again. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards