New Jersey
Options

David's Bridal in Springfield

Has anyone been to the David's Bridal on 22 in Springfield? From what I'm reading online, the quality of DB's really varies from store to store. I'm not a big shopping/fashion person, so I don't want to go if I'm just going to be overwhelmed and annoyed.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: David's Bridal in Springfield

• Options
    edited December 2011
    They are very rude in that store.  This was the first place that I went to look for dresses and I was so upset by the time I left.  Only after that horrible experience did I come on here and ask about that particular location and all of the girls told me to stay far away.

So I pass this along to you -- stay far away!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image182 invited
    image4 got lost on their way to the mailbox
    image127 will witness the anticipated bear union
    image51 will miss out a beary good time
    [RSVP Date 6/01] [125 min]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The lady I saw wasn't very attentive.  I didn't get my dress there.
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, very rude and very unprofessional people working there.  I went Tuesday and the lady refused to help me until her name was put in the computer for credit.  Very low class!  I heard the one on Rt. 18 is nice.
  • Options
    PunksInLuv4PunksInLuv4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think everyone's experience will be different, especially depending on the day  & time you go. You should try to go during the week & maybe earlier in the day. I went this past Wednesday at night & the women there were friendly and funny!! As an hour or so went by, more people came in so the consultant assigned to me was also helping about 2 other brides...but I didnt mind b/c I had a few people w/ me so we used that "free" time to talk about the dresses I had on, etc. instead of being hawked/pressured by the consultant. I went back the next day around 12:30pm & there was one bride there and she had a lot of attention all to herself, from more than one consultant. I'd say if the Springfield store is good for you when it comes to distance from your home, give it a try!
  • Options
    maaricomaarico member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a great experience there. I had originally went to the one on 18 last year, and they weren't really helpful. My consultant disappeared for about a 1/2 hour leaving me standing there in a wedding dress with nothing to try on. In October I went to the one on 22 and it was completely different. My consultant stayed with me the whole time, offered suggestions and didn't make me feel rushed. I think it depends on when you go though. I had gone to the one on 18 on a Sunday afternoon, and I went to the one on 22 during the week, so it was less crowded.
  • Options
    laurenross01laurenross01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The one in Paramus, NJ is amazing. I've gone for 5 bridesmaid dresses and the women there are always great- they have a good balance between being sales girls and letting you be while you shop. They've also mailed me straps to a dress when I lost mine 3 days before the wedding I was in, at NO charge.
    David's Bridal is hit or miss- but I really like the help at the one in Paramus.
  • Options
    acablitasacablitas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at the Paramus location, and a young sales lady took me in even though I didn't have an appt.  They were very attentive.

Then I got my bustle done (soon to be picked up) at the Wayne location.  So packed on a Sunday, but I was in and out of there within less than 45minutes.  The price for bustle was affordable, IMO.

It all depends where you go and what day of the week you go.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards