New Jersey
Options

Bridesmaids Dresses

My bridesmaids and I are starting to get ideas for their dresses and have been going to different stores to look at dresses.  Most of bridal shops we have gone to only have a very limited selection of bridesmaids dresses though.  I was hoping some of you could give me suggestions of places that have a large selection of bridesmaids dresses for us to go through.  It would be great to have suggestions of shops that are in Bergen County, but I am open to any place in Northern Jersey.

Thanks.

Re: Bridesmaids Dresses

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried Russell's Bridal in Linden?
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure where you looked but you can try Nonchalance in Morristown.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So far we have gone to David's Bridal, which we felt a lot of the dresses looked like prom dresses.  We have also gone to NJ bridal outlet, Helen Bohn, Camille, and Memories Bridal.

I came across Nonchalance today while I was looking and want to go there becaue they seem to have a lot.
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hollywood Bridal in Kennilworth has a large selection and they were super helpful when we were looking. There's also a good amount of room in the store so you don't feel cramped. I highly recommend them.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know you are looking for places in NJ, but I was just in NYC today and my friend and I went to RK Bridal on 39th St between 8th and 9th Aves and they have A LOT of dresses. You don't have to make an appointment, either.

I will forewarn you that you won't get a dedicated consultant to help you with the bridesmaid dresses. You pick which dresses you want off of the rack and your name is on a list. When a fitting room is free, they will call your name and you can try on dresses. If there are a lot of people waiting, they will set a time limit, and you aren't allowed to take pictures (store policy.)

It's a good way to try on dresses without feeling like you have to buy something, but there is little to no service (in having consultant with you and your party.)
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    Pink7781Pink7781 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Helen Bohn had a large selection of bridesmaid dresses I think.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought Helen Bohn did have a good selection, and I plan on going back there since I only had one of my bridesmaids me with me.  We'll probably find more there when I have all three girls there to offer opinions.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if you've had a lot of experience with the salesladies at Holen Bohn, but I had a horrible experience there.  Just throwing it out there.
    image 182 Invited

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I 2nd Russells in Linden! Great prices, people, and selection... she can get any dress you ask for and its discounted..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_bridesmaids-dresses-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:87544c56-2b3a-4875-810d-024e0212f29bPost:066526ed-d906-4f37-a9e3-6c86d0b3ca22">Re: Bridesmaids Dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not sure if you've had a lot of experience with the salesladies at Holen Bohn, but I had a horrible experience there.  Just throwing it out there.
    Posted by peaches85[/QUOTE]
    I want to go back to Helen Bohn just to look at the dresses.  A lot of people told me to go there because they had great service, but when I was there I didn't really feel that I got great service.  The woman helping me seemed like she didn't want to be there, and she didn't listen to what I was saying.  I would tell her what I wanted and she would change what I said. I kept saying I wanted something simple when she kept bringing out big, fluffy gowns and all she said was that it is the day I should be big and fluffy and fancy.  When I would tell her I still want to be myself she would just ignore it and kept bringing gowns I didn't want.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That was my experience exactly!  The woman assigned to help me never listened to a word I said and seemed completely annoyed by the fact that she had to help me.
    image 182 Invited

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jwinholdjwinhold member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_bridesmaids-dresses-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:87544c56-2b3a-4875-810d-024e0212f29bPost:725bc055-6902-4c7c-bd61-4662f3cd2200">Re: Bridesmaids Dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not sure where you looked but you can try Nonchalance in Morristown.
    Posted by demarcosjd[/QUOTE]

This place has TONS!!! Also, you can search some websites and look to see which stores have what lines and you can definitely call them and ask if they carry particular style numbers. I'm getting my dresses (mine and my bridesmaids) at Bridal Fantasy in Avenel. They don't have much but any place can get you any dress as long as they carry that line so if you find a dress n Staten Island, you can order it anyplace that carrries the designer.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Park Avenue Bridals in Verona has a very nice selection of dresses!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Bella Bridesmaid in Madison. It's all bridesmaids dresses.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure of the stock in BM dresses at Bijou Bridal in Paramus; may be worth a call.

I would never buy & alter BMs dresses at Macy's (that's just me) but a few of my BM looked at the bridal salon in Macy's Willowbrook. They had Jordan, Bari Jay...a few different designers, decent selections.

(We knew what designer we'd chosen; later ordered from Pearl's Place).
    A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it would be worth a trip to RK Bridal if you want a large selection of dresses.  (Just a warning RK Bridal is not fancy or organized...although they have a huge selection and you don't need an appointment.)  You can go there, then once you find a dress, order it from a place in Bergen County (to avoid sales tax).

We ordered our bridesmaid dresses from Bella Bridesmaid and had a wonderful experience.  We ordered from their NYC showroom, but I believe they have a storefront in Madison, NJ.  I know it isn't Bergen County, but it isn't far and is in Morris County.
  • Options
    RebeccaW2010RebeccaW2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Added attractions-Garwood
    Hollywood Bridal-Kenilworth
    Bijou Bridal-Paramus
    Russell's-Linden

I can't remember where else I looked it was sooo long ago, haha!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Park Avenue Bridals in verona : ) they have tons of stuff
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards