New Jersey
Options

Quick Question

We just received a wedding gift from a couple my parents are friends with because they aren't sure if the husband will be able to take off work (he's a pilot). We've sent out invitations, response date is 5/11 and I haven't received their response card to date. I want to get their thank you card done and in the mail but I'm not sure what to do since they may still be able to attend the wedding in which case I'd like to thank them for coming, etc. The wedding is June 11, any suggestions?

Re: Quick Question

• Options
    maddie7maddie7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd send the thank you and say if you are able to make it, it will be great seeing you!
  • Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PP
  • Options
    tbrose16tbrose16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I would wait until next week when the responses are due and then send a note next week thanking them and either saying that you will see them at the wedding or you hope to see them at the wedding.
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would wait.  If they aren't able to make the wedding, they may feel bad if you say "hope you can make it!" or "it will be great seeing you if you can come!"  Putting off the thank you note for one week won't hurt anyone.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_quick-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:8a2eba7e-62e1-446a-a0de-33334a93f0caPost:f9af0992-6263-4fcc-966d-f8c95fbc9136">Re: Quick Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I would wait until next week when the responses are due and then send a note next week thanking them and either saying that you will see them at the wedding or you hope to see them at the wedding.
    Posted by tbrose16[/QUOTE]

x2
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I say wait a week. I don't think it will matter much.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards