New Jersey
Options

Need a good, fairly priced Florist

I am desperately looking for a florist that is good but also won't charge me an arm and a leg. Any recommendations?

My wedding will be in North Jersey but the florist does not have to be from there. Its going to be a 400 person wedding so I need them to work with me to build affordable beautiful centerpieces for my 40 tables. :)

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
Thanks!

Re: Need a good, fairly priced Florist

• Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think your best bet would be someone local so you dont have to pay a travel fee.  Where are you getting married?

I have heard Nathan from Avenue florist is amazing and works with a budget.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I loved my flowers. Try Precious Petals Too. It's in Fairfield. Nancy is the owner and does the bridal consultations.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I am getting low centerpieces (hydrangea and gerbera daisies) from AW Flowers in Kearny for $20 each.

I am buying the vases myself ... 6-inch cube glass vases from Michael's/AC Moore for about $8 (I wait for coupons).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Metropolitan Wholesale Flowers in Saddle Brook, the wedding flowers are not wholesale there but reasonably priced and for that big of a wedding I'm sure they will cut you a break.
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I 2nd Nathan and he doesn't charge you anything for the vase rental and comes and gets them at the end of the night. Super passionate and flexible.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Santos in Newark!
  • Options
    dmoney79dmoney79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i agree with metropolitan plant exchange in saddle brook...
    they did my flowers and yumila is one of the sweetest nicest people i worked with....
    my flowers were fantastic!
    and definately reasonably priced...although, i did not do centerpieces, so i'm not sure what the going rate there is for those....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I 2nd Santos in Newark
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also used Precious Petals Too in Fairfield (as CV did above).  Nancy is a personal friend of mine, but is also AMAZINGLY talented and great to work with.  the number there is 973-808-4404.  If you want to see pics of mine, email me ddelo23@aol.com - my wedding was in april at florentine gardens and she did my flowers.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!! This is great stuff!
    Thanks so much!!! Now I have some phone calls to make. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards