New Jersey

What is everyone doing with their dress?

I always thought I would have no problem selling a dress that I wore ONE night, but I LOVED my dress and its the dress I wore when I married my husband! I'm having second thoughts now and think I might want to keep it. What did everyone do with theirs? It's not like I'm going to get anything near what I paid for it and the sentiment might be worth more than a few hundred bucks!

Re: What is everyone doing with their dress?

• maddie7maddie7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kept it!
  • Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got it cleaned and will use it for my childs baptism outfit.
  • edited December 2011
    I kept it but I know the reality is that I'll never do anything with it and there isn't much point.
  • kellybee83kellybee83 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning on keeping it!  I love it and wish I could wear it more than once!
    I would love for someone (daughter or niece) to wear it after me, but know the chances of that happening aren't likely. 
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Im having it preserved and keeping it. :o)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • StefaniBelStefaniBel member
    edited December 2011
    I am planning on keeping mine.  One year after our wedding we might go to my country and do a 1 year dinner celebration with my family and friends who could not come to the US for our wedding.  Then I would wear my wedding dress again.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NJgurl19NJgurl19 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_everyone-doing-their-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:8e7af2ea-5221-4254-be0d-dcb767d6c294Post:a89408d6-16a0-4913-9aaa-717245140320">Re: What is everyone doing with their dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm planning on keeping it!  I love it and wish I could wear it more than once! I would love for someone (daughter or niece) to wear it after me, but know the chances of that happening aren't likely. 
    Posted by kellybee83[/QUOTE]

Ditto!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NJgurl19NJgurl19 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_everyone-doing-their-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:8e7af2ea-5221-4254-be0d-dcb767d6c294Post:8ef8c95a-d531-4106-ab75-6b92a866ce85">Re: What is everyone doing with their dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am planning on keeping mine.  One year after our wedding we might go to my country and do a 1 year dinner celebration with my family and friends who could not come to the US for our wedding.  Then I would wear my wedding dress again.
    Posted by StefaniBel[/QUOTE]

This is so nice it would be like another wedding! :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_everyone-doing-their-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:8e7af2ea-5221-4254-be0d-dcb767d6c294Post:22df9227-ad29-4183-944b-171faf9a9a95">Re: What is everyone doing with their dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im having it preserved and keeping it. :o)
    Posted by TripleJTobe[/QUOTE]

Agreed!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards