New Jersey

NWR: the chop

Tomorrow I am getting a haircut! I cannot wait. For the past three years all I have gotten are trims and now my hair is insanely long. I am excited, but scared to have my hair short again (plus my son is very attached to my hair and will probably be heartboken when it is gone). I am donating my hair, so at least that makes me feel better.

Any of you MGs do the post wedding chop? Any regrets?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: NWR: the chop

• DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So many girls do it!  It's funny though cause I'm the opposite.. I really wanna grow my bottom layers long long long!
  • Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I want the wedding chop! But I want to donate like you- how many inches do you need to donate?
  • edited December 2011

I did it and no regrets! It was nice to have short hair for the summer.

Pantene Beautiful Lengths requires 8 inches to donate. I think that Locks of Love is 10 inches, but for many, many reasons I do not recommend giving to LoL.

*~allie~*

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_nwr-chop?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:915e7cea-bc59-4854-b7a1-c44d2181cbc2Post:c0d82527-c700-4ca5-bc3d-f3fd93550a68">Re: NWR: the chop</a>:
    [QUOTE]So many girls do it!  It's funny though cause I'm the opposite.. I really wanna grow my bottom layers long long long!
    Posted by DMLJ[/QUOTE]

I wish I could give you my hair.  I want it gone so badly.  I just cant figure out what to do.  I kind of want a shoulder length inverted bob but I cannot find a picture of it on someone with curly hair.  I am going to set an appointment for October and get it chopped off.  I wanted to give it to beautiful lengths but I fear I may be just under the requirement. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_nwr-chop?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:915e7cea-bc59-4854-b7a1-c44d2181cbc2Post:2e5482b5-155d-4741-b49e-59540c1a7064">Re: NWR: the chop</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did it and no regrets! It was nice to have short hair for the summer. Pantene Beautiful Lengths requires 8 inches to donate. I think that Locks of Love is 10 inches, but for many, many reasons I do not recommend giving to LoL.
    Posted by akmackay[/QUOTE]

I have about 16 inches to donate and will be donating to Beautiful lengths. I have heard that you shouldn't donate to Locks of Love (even though I did once before), but I don't know why. What are your reasons for not donating to them?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_nwr-chop?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:915e7cea-bc59-4854-b7a1-c44d2181cbc2Post:bca5277a-a786-4f4c-a23e-90f2ace744a9">Re: NWR: the chop</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NWR: the chop : I have about 16 inches to donate and will be donating to Beautiful lengths. I have heard that you shouldn't donate to Locks of Love (even though I did once before), but I don't know why. What are your reasons for not donating to them?
    Posted by allforyou[/QUOTE]

I gave to LoL a few years ago as well. This time, I did Beautiful Lengths.

<p>LoL charges for their wigs, over $5k, and don't give them to people with cancer. They only give to certain demographics and for most of the hair donated, it is either thrown away or sold. Only (and I forget actual numbers) about 10% of the hair donated ends up into a wig. They receive 2,000 ponytails a week and make less than 200 wigs a year. 

Beautiful Lengths estimates an average of 2,000 wigs a year (this was from a few years ago, so it could be more) which LoL took over 10 years to make just as many- when LoL receives far more donations a year. They also give the wigs for free, unlike LoL.

There are a lot of other organizations out there, and I just hope that people give to those other charities rather than LoL.</p>
    *~allie~*

• edited December 2011
    I have an appointment to chop it the day after the wedding.  I'm looking forward to getting my inverted bob/lob back!  My FI is upset though that the long hair is going!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards