New Jersey

What are some good recommendations for reception halls?

I'm recently planning my wedding and I've been looking all over online, in the local paper, and in the yellow book(s) for places but most of them are distant. I live in Mercer County (Princeton, Hamilton, Trenton). I've contacted the places within this site but I wanted a wider range. If anyone has heard of any places outside of this website, recommendations would be appreciated :) Thank you.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What are some good recommendations for reception halls?

• edited December 2011
    Check here: http://nnjknottievendors.weebly.com/

And maybe you should try the South Jersey board and/or the Philadelphia board.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Check out reviews of places on weddingwire.com
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    there was a wedding in hamilton on four weddings that had great reviews...I can't remember the name, but that show is always on my DVR I will try and find it.

My fiance's family is from Princeton area and I'm from Bergen Co we decided to meet half-way at a hotel in Freehold, The Crystal Ballroom at the Radisson and LOVE IT! 

it's very reasonably priced and in a hotel so people can stay if they don't want to risk driving home.

www.crystalballroomnj.com

also congrats!!!
  • sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure of your budget but...

Hamilton Manor
    Nassau Inn
    Princeton Marriott
    Princeton Weston
    Windsor Ballroom at the Holiday Inn -east Windsor
    Mercer Oaks Catering (Golf Club)
    Mountain Lakes House
  • edited December 2011
    peaches178: Thank you for the link - I am going to check that out. I didn't think about Philly but I should have since I'm only 40 minutes from there, thank you :)

Everyone else thank you for the suggestions! A lot of my friends are marrying this year but because they're so busy planning and marrying soon, haven't been able to give me any suggestions so any and everything helps.

@sgdc2011: I'm waiting on responses for those places, thank you.

Also another thing I noticed - Is it easier (and cheaper) to do a buffet, cocktail, or sit down dinner? I'm not sure on the differences and I've gotten mixed thoughts on it from reviews and other sites.

Congratulations to you ladies also. 6 years later and the day is finally happening, so excited :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://northjersey.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_good-recommendations-reception-halls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:940c8af5-05c2-4897-9008-568b19e11eb5Post:b815c379-4763-4909-9c14-d043a09af287">Re: What are some good recommendations for reception halls?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is it easier (and cheaper) to do a buffet, cocktail, or sit down dinner? I'm not sure on the differences and I've gotten mixed thoughts on it from reviews and other sites. 
    Posted by antipinkchiq[/QUOTE]

<div>We're doing a "stations" dinner at our reception - 4 different dinner stations with different themes (italian, asian, seafood, meat & potatoes).  The only thing plated will be the salad.  We found this to actually be equally expensive if not more expensive than a sit-down dinner at all the venues we looked at.  </div>
  • sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends on the venue, some cocktail receptions are cheaper, some sit downs are cheaper.  Look at each package your venue offers.

I personally prefer sit down dinners, I don't like to be walking around with my food, and usually buffets/stations food gets cold
  • edited December 2011
    The current trend on the west coast and a lot of southern states (and also the Royal Wedding) is to do the cocktail reception.  If you're into that then a lot of places will do it cheaper for you.
    How I unwind? The FI and I watch old TV shows Photobucket 187image 124image 48image 15image RSVP Date March 31 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    That's what I was thinking of doing, the cocktail reception theme. Our family and friends don't really like to sit down and eat dinner; they normally get up with like snacks or a small plate, walk around, and conversate with everyone.

Thank you again for the suggestions ladies, much appreciated! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards