New Jersey
Options

Directions Cards

This is probably a stupid question, but how did you get the directions to put on your directions card? My reception hall has directions from multiple locations on their website, but my church does not..... Just wondering how I create the directions to put on my directions card. TIA!

Re: Directions Cards

• Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    google maps
  • Options
    acablitasacablitas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used these directions to make my DIY directions map.  I used Google Maps for the actual directions.

• Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I just used Google Maps to figure out directions from some different towns, and went from there.

Did you ask your church if they have anything they can give you? I did ours on Vistaprint and had some leftovers, so I gave them to our priest and said he could give them to other couples who needed them. And he said, "Sure, but I had some here that I could've given you." D'oh!
  • Options
    kathymariekathymarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I printed on Vista Print. My venue's cards were fugly and I wanted from church to venue. 
    Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I copied Tif's directions to the venue

I used Google Maps for directions to church and hotel...but I'm familiar with the areas so I could add in some additional info (go through X lights, just past Hess station, etc.)
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also suggest asking the church. Our priest was familiar with a certian google maps route that always got guests lost. They may have some recommended routes to tell people.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I created my own DIY map with directions on the back would be happy to share if you want an example to look at just email me at jgido@aol.com. Basically I pulled the JPG of the mapquest map from the internet and opened in Adobe Illustrator (you could use PowerPoint as well), traced over the major roads I wanted to include and then put the names in and you have your own custom map. You can even do in your own wedding colors and invitation fonts to make it match as well. Depending on how detailed you are it should only take about an hour.

Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards