New Jersey
Options

Review of Richfield Regency

I went to see the Richfield Regency this weekend so I figured I'd share my personal review here.

Outside - This place is pretty much a Banquet Hall. There is not much outside as far as grounds and stuff. There is a pretty gazebo and water fountain outside for taking pictures. If you are looking for sprawling grounds and gardens, this is not the place for you. Verona Park is right across the street however, which is perfect for picture taking if that's what you want.

First walking in - I was impressed by the lobby. Everything is very shiny and bright with white floors. Alot more updated looking than other places that I've seen.

When we came in, we were directed to the room on the right to wait to speak with someone. This room is used for the cocktail hour if you use the smaller ballroom across the hall. I thought the room was very pretty. There were lots of candles everything. It just seemed very clean and had a lounge feel to it.

The ballroom across the hall was too small for us so we did not really look at it.
We went downstairs and looked at the second/larger cocktail hour space. There are two sides to this area, with lots of tables and leather banquet seats. There was a very loungy feel to this area. I really liked this because it is more our style, but my boyfriend did mention it felt a little "basement - like" because of the lower ceilings. That didn't bother me at all though, becuase I was very impressed with the ambience and feel of the area. There is a bar on each end of the room and the food would be spread out between the two areas. There are also bathrooms right there for easy access and no steps. They provide drink clips for your glass, to clip it on to your plate during the cocktail hour. I liked this little touch -something I've never seen anywhere else.

Next we were shown the Chapel which is at the back of the larger ballroom. We were very impressed with the Chapel - like nothing I've seen anywhere else. There were tons of seats in there and it was a very decent size. They have white silk flowers in there, which are included if you decide to use the chapel. They charge $750 for the use of the Chapel, regardless of how many guests you are having. Since guests would have to walk through the ballroom to get to the chapel and back to the cocktail hour, they put up pipe and drape across the room to create a tunnel effect - this way guests do not see the ballroom until the reception begins.

The ballroom itself I was very impressed with. Again, candles everywhere, and an overall clean and crisp look. They have tons of color choices for linens so it did not bother me at all that the room is very neutral in color. They also provide centerpieces for the ballroom if you wish - it is $300 to use them. they are very tall clear vases with white silk roses. I thought they were very pretty, but if you want to add some color, you may want to use your own centerpieces instead.

they also offer an LED lighting package for the ballroom in a variety of colors. They had it set for blue and it was very pretty. Again, something to think about if you are looking for even more color. It is $400 to use the LED package.

As for the menu, it is more than sufficient - tons of food, but not over doing it in areas that don't matter. I was quoted $85 for a Friday night in Sept 2011. Plus tax and gratuity. That does not include a Venetian hour. I was given a certificate - if I book within 10 days I will get a free chocolate fountain, normally a $500 upgrade. If that's something you'd want - then that's something to consider! Personally, I don't care about the chocolate fountain.

The menu is very customizable if there is something you don't like or want to substitute. You can do a signature drink if you like. You can do sangria - which we really like the idea of - very "us". You can basically tell them specific beers or liquors you want and they will make sure they have it. Shots are allowed, but monitored. they work with a couple hotels nearby that offer free shuttle service if a certain number of rooms are booked.

We were told we could come back for a private food tasting if we wished, and we probably will.

Overall, I really liked it and it is currently our number one choice.
This weekend we are going to see a few more and then we'll be making our decision.

If there is something I left out that you had a question about, let me know and I may be able to answer it for you!
September 2011 Brides Siggy Challenge: Reception Venue imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Review of Richfield Regency

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Did you look up when you entered the Richfield Regency?  The first thing that you see is a large radiator.  I'm not sure if this would bother you or not. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Crystal Plaza!  You'll be blown away.
  • Options
    LolyalyssaLolyalyssa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_review-of-richfield-regency?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:985762f0-a8c8-455f-a379-1164a5b458aaPost:a0042685-da73-465c-aabc-d10325a631a1">Re: Review of Richfield Regency</a>:
    [QUOTE]Check out the Crystal Plaza!  You'll be blown away.
    Posted by RainLaurel[/QUOTE]

Why do you keep saying this for all the reception venue questions when you know its WAY out of the price range?

It doesn't seem very constructive...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Renata, the Crystal Plaza is beautiful! I dont get why it is NEVER mentioned on here!
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_review-of-richfield-regency?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:985762f0-a8c8-455f-a379-1164a5b458aaPost:838916df-ab2b-4a47-bfb9-eec1ad5b3021">Re: Review of Richfield Regency</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Review of Richfield Regency : Why do you keep saying this for all the reception venue questions when you know its WAY out of the price range? It doesn't seem very constructive...
    Posted by Lolyalyssa[/QUOTE]

<div>I've kind of wondered that too.  Here there wasn't even a question -- it was just a positive review of another venue.  Lately I've read a lot of the "check out Crystal Plaza" posts and thought "VENDOR!  Oh no wait..."  I mean, we all pimp our vendors at some time or another, but these CP recommendations usually aren't in posts where the suggestion is helpful.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No, I did not notice a Radiator when I walked in! I don't remember if I specifically looked up above me, but we were in the lobby area for about 10 minutes (much longer than most guests would be in the lobby) and didn't notice it, so its either not that noticeable or i'm not as observant as you are!

About the Crystal Plaza - I've noticed it is suggested on these boards alot, when it is completely irelevant. I wasn't asking for suggestiongs, this was just a review of a place I visited.
    Obviously the vendor feels the need to "pimp" themselves but if the place was that good, why would it need "pimping" anyway? LOL
    September 2011 Brides Siggy Challenge: Reception Venue imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nice review.  Too bad in a few days or weeks this post will be gone....forever.  My big gripe with this forum is the outdated interface compared to 99% of other forums on the net.  The search sucks and there are no archives. Valuable posts such as this are only of value to people that view it with-in a few days of your post.  Oh well.......
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    why would this post disappear?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I see threads that were starting almost a year ago ....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Looks like they finally expanded the buffer......shows about 300 days or so....not bad, but the search function still sucks, and anything more than a yr old is AXED.
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
  • Options
    LolyalyssaLolyalyssa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_review-of-richfield-regency?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:985762f0-a8c8-455f-a379-1164a5b458aaPost:9cd89cf8-f658-4fa3-8848-8f64d155db86">Re: Review of Richfield Regency</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Review of Richfield Regency : I've kind of wondered that too.  Here there wasn't even a question -- it was just a positive review of another venue.  Lately I've read a lot of the "check out Crystal Plaza" posts and thought "VENDOR!  Oh no wait..."  I mean, we all pimp our vendors at some time or another, but these CP recommendations usually aren't in posts where the suggestion is helpful.
    Posted by uppereastgirl[/QUOTE]

I'm really just wondering why she keeps saying it to girls who are looking around $100 a head when its clearly out of the price range.  I think its strange and not very productive.  It wastes the time of the new girls who will think that its in their price range, look at pics online and then be disappointed when its not in the price range.  She has really been on a rampage to pimp out Crystal Plaza! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I booked at the Richfield! It's beautiful, I didn't notice the radiator. You got a great price, significantly lower than the price we booked with them for July of 2011. Oh well, I loved the down stairs cocktail hour room, sooo pretty loved the club/lounge feel of the room and the ballroom down stairs was so cozy, but enough room for the quests to be comfortable. I loved that the dance floor was an oval shaped a lot of the venues I looked at their dance floors were long and rectangle shaped. I have spoke with many vendors and they have nothing but positive things to say about it! Good luck in your search, I hope this helped!
  • Options
    NJgurl19NJgurl19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I just want to say, I love all the feedback you are giving us. This really helps new girls to get some perspective and insight!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been to a wedding at the Richfield Regency. Thought the food was good, and the staff really nice. Plenty of room on the dancefloor. Good cocktail hour food.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know two people who were at weddings recently at the Ridgefield and they had nothing but great things to say about them. That was what made me look there.
    I just found out yesterday that my future MIL's boss knows the banquet manager, so maybe we'll get a deal! LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm really sorry if my post about the Crystal Plaza was not helpful.  I didn't mean to pimp out the place or whatever.  I just meant to suggest it as a nice place to get married.  I'm paying $90 per person plus tax and gratuity.  I will stop mentioning the Crystal Plaza.  I just thought that people might want to know about it because I hardly ever see it mentioned on the boards.  I've had a nightmare planning my wedding with very demanding parents on both sides and the Crystal Plaza has just always come to the rescue for me.  So, I feel that I want to give back to them by suggesting it to other brides.  Sorry if anyone is offended by this!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    90 bucks at the CP?  Is this for the room in the garage?
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have no idea how you got $90pp at the Crystal Plaza - I called them and I was quoted MUCH more than that. Good for you if that's the price you got.
    I just find it hard to believe that it would be LESS than somewhere like Mayfair farms (I was quote $95) or The Manor (I was quoted $93)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Renata...How did you manage to be paying $90??? We have just regular kosher and we are paying $174/person!! You have glatt kosher which is even more!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

They wanted to get rid of the date, maybe?  It is Father's Day.  I just didn't think that they lowered it sooooo much for us because of that.  I figured that maybe they lowered it a bit.  It has been fine though.  We don't really have any friends or family who have been bothered by the fact that we are getting married on Father's Day.  Also, we have a Sunday afternoon wedding rather than an evening wedding.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    By the way, I was quoted $110 for Mayfair Farms. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im also getting married in the morning....i would of totally taken fathers day for that price!! You did good :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards