New Jersey
Options

DJ Recommendations?

FI and I are booking our wedding this week finally, yay! Now that the date is set, it's onto the next thing.  We're looking for a DJ unlike most DJs in the sense that we want someone who will play the music we want (no YMCA, Macarena, etc) and make announcements when necessary but not much else.  No gimmicky things, dancing with guests, etc.  Any recommendations?

Re: DJ Recommendations?

• Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://www.dashofclass.com/index_hist.htm

Highly recommended and Im using.. good luck and congrats!
  • Options
    JennM31JennM31 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im used the same as above. Talk to Vito!
  • Options
    acablitasacablitas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I rec my dj - Lifetime Entertainment, based out of Union, NJ.  

Our dj is a couple years older than us, and really caters to his clients.  He's great.  Let me know if you'd like his contact info.  

Feel free to e-mail me at annieandmikey at gmail.com.
  • Options
    chrissy31805chrissy31805 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i also recommend dash of class - alot of fun and you will not stop dancing
  • Options
    goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We used Premier Entertainment in East Rutherford and they were great.  They will play what you want, and if you don't want the line dances, etc..they won't do them.
  • Options
    LMGreene85LMGreene85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dash of Class...we're getting married in 7 wks and we have Peter Scioritino doing ours...Mike is great too but was booked for our day. They're all great tho. GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love my DJ. Bob Albrecht from Fantasy DJs was an amazing MC the day of. He has a thorough conversation with you prior to the big day to ask what exactly you want/don't want/etc.

Everyone complimented on how great our DJ was.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    michelle221michelle221 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ask for Mike from DJMC in Belleville. He's professional & classy but knows how to have FUN!
  • Options
    Pink7781Pink7781 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Magic Moments in Garfield. We booked them as a referral from my FH's brother's wedding and they were great and I though pretty reasonable. Also book soon if you can, I was told that there is no tax on DJ services currently but the state was going to change it in the near future.
  • Options
    DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ESP DJ Entertainment.  They have an office in/near Short Hills.  I can speak highly of Joe and Michael.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I use Touch of Class and they were great I'd highly recommend them www.tocdjs.com

you can also go to weddingwire.com for reviews on lots of djs in your area
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Touch Of Class www.tocdjs.com and I'd highly recommend them

You can also check www.weddingwire.com for reviews on lots of djs
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That was *exactly* what I was looking for, and I did a LOT of DJ research before I set up appointments. I chose DJ Gaza: www.djgaza.com
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A Starry Night (www.astarrynight.com)
    Aria Melody (www.ariamelody.com)

Both specialize in being unobtrusive.  That was really important to us (we used A Starry Night) -- too many of our friends had booked normal DJs and told them "please make only necessary announcements, no cheesy stuff" but then the DJs ignored those instructions (or forgot them?  or couldn't help themselves?) and carried on as usual with lots of mic stuff.
  • Options
    dmbride09dmbride09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Colorblind Productions.  I loved them and they totally aren't your loud annoying dj.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, thank you SO much everyone for your recommendations! I'll be checking them all out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't believe no one said Infinity Entertainment - we have met with so many - I felt an instant connection with Rich
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Has anyone used JTK Entertainment?  I 'm thinking on booking with them based on recommendations....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    elegant esemble they are really good, bands and dj very elegant!
  • Options
    olivethomasolivethomas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the same boat!

Can anyone say how much they paid for Dash of Class, and how many people they had/what type of venue so I can get an idea?

Thanks so much! I'm really finding these boards helpful
  • Options
    DS0305DS0305 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I absolutely loved our DJ.  We used Bob Scott from Golden Note.  He did exactly everything we asked for.  We had a specific list of songs we wanted and didn't want, and he played all that we wanted and none of the songs we didn't want.  And during the night, he would do anything I asked him to do.  Before the wedding, he went over everything with us.  So he'll find out all the songs you want/don't want, and how interactive you want him to be with the crowd.
  • Options
    debbs14debbs14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Elite Sound Entertainment. I didn't want no cheese either, and they provided NO cheese at all! They have the most positive reviews on WeddingWire
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards