New Jersey

Looking for a hall that allows BYOB

Hi girls! I usually post on the DW boards as I am having my wedding in Pun*ta Cana. However, we will be having an at home reception back here. Back here meaning the Bucks County, PA or Mercer County, NJ area. Half of our families/friends are from NJ & half are from PA. We live in Morrisville, PA which is just across the bridge from Trenton, NJ. We are looking for a reception venue that will allow BYOB & that we can also bring our own cake. We have a great hook up for the alcohol & can get it incredibly cheap. Also, my future sister in law makes specialty/wedding cakes so it is going to be her wedding present to us. We also are trying to keep costs down as much as possible. Does anybody have any suggestions of halls in the area?
Thanks!
Lis Wedding Destination,Beach,Romantic Vacation,HOneymoon Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Looking for a hall that allows BYOB

• smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Castle in Delran allows BYOB and their ballroom is pretty- their prices are really good too.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest that you don't look too hard for places that let you bring in your own alcohol.  Very few in NJ do (you'd do much better in PA with that request), but I'm sure the halls get alcohol super cheap too because they buy so much of it, so they probably don't give that much of a discount for brining in your own.  Also, if you buy it yourself you may end up with a lot left over -- what happens if a bottle of gin is opened to make only one drink?

Do you know your per person budget and how many guests you expect to have?  If you share that, we may be able to give suggestions of places (all-inclusive or not) that fit the price you're looking to pay.
  • uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and I'd take your name out of the signature.  That's asking for trouble.
  • edited December 2011
  • felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_looking-hall-allows-byob?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:99533273-0c44-4e1d-864f-7bec51c56c6ePost:f60dc769-cf4f-40ee-a7ed-859d877913b1">Re: Looking for a hall that allows BYOB</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Courtyard on Main in Freehold, NJ <a href="http://www.bistro1.com/courtyard/Pdf/Wedding.pdf" rel="nofollow">http://www.bistro1.com/courtyard/Pdf/Wedding.pdf</a>
    Posted by tinydancer842[/QUOTE]

<div>This is one of my favorite restaurants and the hall looks beautiful.  There food is really good.  </div>
  • edited December 2011
    *THREAD DRIFT!*

I'm constantly amused that this board won't let people type out the name of one of the most popular honeymoon/DW spots!

Do the censors not know Spanish? "P u n t a" means "point." The bad word is the one that doesn't have an N.
  • edited December 2011
    Nottingham Fire Co. in Hamilton and West Trenton Fire in Ewing both have nice halls.   They have private entrances and a TON of parking.   They might be worth checking out. 
  • edited December 2011
    Courtyard on Main is sorta a BYOB. You purchase it through their distributor and they serve it but they don't have a liquor license, nor does their restaurant. Also any unopened bottles can be returned to the distributor for a refund.
  • katetwkatetw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bretton Woods in Morris Plains is BYOB (though they do have a REALLY inexpensive option for adding the cost of liquor to your total cost). However, the cake price is included, so might not be the best if you're set on bringing in your own cake.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards