New Jersey
Options

Engagement Party

Do you just invite family and close friends or do you invite everyone that you would be inviting to the wedding? thanks!

Re: Engagement Party

• Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

That's a personal choice. Most people's engagement parties are not as big as their weddings.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just close friends and family....if you were to invite everyone, you might as well just have the wedding!
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    hcer0708hcer0708 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought it was was suppose to be just close friends and family until someone told me that if i am invitng them to the wedding then i should invite them to the engagment party and my reaction was the same as cvl105. Thanks girls!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ours was close friends and family
  • Options
    DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well what I think they mean is that if you invite to the engagement party, then they have to be invited to the wedding- not vice versa.
  • Options
    LolyalyssaLolyalyssa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Family and close friends.

If you keep the engagement party at someone's house or a restaurant then people won't expect to be invited.  When it becomes a mini-wedding is when it gets out of hand.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    just close family and friends, not as big as the wedding list
  • Options
    hcer0708hcer0708 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone!
  • Options
    DS0305DS0305 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine was more of an engagement dinner than a party.  It was just immediate family plus the bridal party.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ours was just family. It really depends on who's hosting it and big or small they want to have it.

And agree with pp, whoever told you that probably meant that whoever is invited to e-party should be invited to the wedding, not the other way around.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards