New Jersey
Options

MG's Wedding Album

How many pics did you get to pick for your album?

How many pages?

I have been putting this off for a LONG time but I feel like I can't chop down my list anymore without cutting out everything I want in the album. I need 80-90 pics and am at about 150 from about 1k! ughhh. This is by far the worst part of my wedding experience...lol.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: MG's Wedding Album

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Also, how long after your wedding did you get your album. I feel like a MAJOR slacker.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Don't feel like a slacker...I got married in August and I still haven't picked out pictures..I am a total SLACKER!!!   I have narrowed it down but need to narrow it down more.  Guess I should work on that..LOL
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been married longer than you and we still haven't finished our album :)  Entirely our fault though.

It all varies by photographer.  Our album wasn't included in our package (although an album credit was).  The most basic album they offered was 30 pages, but there was no limit on how many photos go in it -- it could be 1/2 a photo per page, or 10 photos per page.  They said that normally it works out to be around 90 photos on those 30 pages.  We will be charged per page for each additional page over 30 pages.  One of our drafts was 58 pages, so it would be possible for us to have an album that big.

For the album-making process, we picked our 100 favorite photos (out of 1600 proofs), they picked their 100 favorite photos, and we went to the studio to discuss the choices and come up with a list of photos we should use.  From there the album designer did her thing (which included most of what we had talked about at the studio, but she added and took away photos as fit).  Then we sent back revisions, she redid it, and then ... well, then we procrastinated and that's still where we are -- with a version 2 that we need to send them revisions on :(

Oh, and note to interpret the number of photos here -- our photographer doesn't do the type of album where there's a photo in the background.  All of our pages are white backgrounds.  So that may mean that we have less photos than the girls who have the albums with the photo background thing going on.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks girls. It has become a PIA for me...lol especially since our proofs are tiny!

UEG--that's a lot of pages!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just got ours 2 months ago 13 months after the wedding! Lol We got to pick 130 pics and it was nearly impossible. Once our photographer came up with an album proof, it was much easier to remove pics and add in others. Easy to see the final product and what looks good/bad. Its definitely not easy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I only get to choose 51 pictures (unless i want to pay more)....talk about going to have a hard time!  I still haven't even begun to pick them out.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://northjersey.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_mgs-wedding-album?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:9ca3b8a4-16c0-4fcd-a04f-0cf94fde0004Post:32d8ceb2-3f4e-41e3-829e-1e653c2b26b9">Re: MG's Wedding Album</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks girls. It has become a PIA for me...lol especially since our proofs are tiny! UEG--that's a lot of pages!
    Posted by Rosie24[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes it is -- and believe me, we're trying to cut like crazy.  Extra pages really add up cost-wise!</div>
  • Options
    PeacefieldPeacefield member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is a ways off, but photography is very important to me (nearly the first thing we booked) so I expect to be very anxious to get my album completed.  Our package includes a 24 page collage album with an unlimited number of images from the 600-1000 we'll probably receive.  I'm surprised about the tiny proofs; we're going to be getting the full high resolution images on DVD to work from which I thought was pretty standard these days.

Our photographer (http://www.robertwaynephotography.com) does album predesign.  He essentially lays out our album for us the way he would do it and then we're free to change anything we want.  And if we need to add pages to accomodate the images we want, they're inexpensive enough to not be an issue for us.  I don't think I'll have a problem working with the images (like I said, I'm into it!), but I'm happy to have the head start from a design perspective because I just wouldn't know where to start. 
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

We chose 80 pictures in our album.  We have the meeting next week to go over our photo selections. I have to start too ughh

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards