New Jersey
Options

Uplighting- what colors?

So I caved and booked uplighting. FI said to go for it that he doesn't care anymore and so I did. Don't know if he really meant it... but oh well.

Anyway- we can change the colors as the night goes on. From what I've seen, I like the look of blue and pink/purple. What are other good color choices? For those that switched it up throughout the night, how many different colors did you use?
*~allie~*

Re: Uplighting- what colors?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay for uplighting, love it :)

I'm keeping mine blue/purple for the whole reception...one thing to think about if you're planning on switching it throughout the night is the effect on photography and also the look of your decor.  I've heard some shades of pink can be tough to photograph (and also unflattering) and my florist also told me certain colors can distort the color palette of your flowers.  I'd just keep those things in mind and run your color choices by your photog and florist once you pick them
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What color are your linens, flowers, etc? If they are fairly neutral then I would have the colors change to all different options that your vendor offers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    since i wanted a dark romantic feel (my linens are chocolate and gold and my flowers are deep jewel tones of burgundy, purple, and green) i went with a warm amber up lighting around the room. we are keeping it the same all night because like jewls4287 said I am afriad other colors might wash out the mood and look I am going for
  • Options
    LolyalyssaLolyalyssa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My favorites are amber and purple.  I'm not a big fan of it changing during the night.  That can give people a headache in my opinion depending on the size of the room. 
  • Options
    maddie7maddie7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I heard amber is best for colorful flowers and that blue really distorts colors although I love the blue look.  I'm not sure what to do either, I am consulting my florist.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing purple/pink but if it doesn't look right we'll change to amber.....
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well we aren't going to have flower centerpieces, just on the cake. Our centerpieces will be similar to this, but white table linen and light blue napkins. Ok what is similar is that it will be sand/shells/candle in a hurricane with the darker blue votive holders on the side and sea glass around it. With probably a mirror underneath to reflect the lights. My colors are really just different shades of blues, and some brown (and fuschia in BM flowers). That's why I thought blue and pink throughout the night. I'll definitely ask my photographer to see what he thinks.

*~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using pink and orange. He's going to change it up throughout the night though. Not sure if yours does, but we've got some like "dripping" looking things, for lack of a better word. So the image drips from the ceiling. There are stars and hearts and all of that but we will use white/gold when we do that.
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did pink/purple. If you go with purple, be sure to choose a darker purple. I was told that after a while the eye starts to see lighter purple light as white. (And I actually did notice that a bit myself--that the lighting appeared more dramatic to me in the beginning and later was less so.)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using blue. I love the way it looks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards