New Jersey
Options

The Addison Park -- Anyone got married there?

Looking at the Addison Park.. has anyone gotten married there or been to a wedding?

How is food? service? 

Anyone have any idea what their pricing is like?

Thanks!!!

Re: The Addison Park -- Anyone got married there?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I just attended a wedding there a couple weeks ago. It was nice. The food was good, but not spectacular in my opinion. They had a buffet and there were alot of choices. The place is beautiful and I would have loved to have had my wedding there but I did have a tour there and they are very expensive. Even for a Sunday afternoon it was like $130 pp. If you want a Saturday evening I believe its over $200. It would have been great if it wasnt so expensive because it really is beautiful and only two minutes away from my house but it is way over my budget.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My best friends wedding was at the Addison and she did NOT do the buffet. I know she spent ALOT but it was ridiculously fantastic.  She had a dessert hour that was OUT OF THIS WORLD. 
    My belief is that place can do ANYTHING but for a cost...
    It was beautiful inside but you should also take note that two weddings CAN be going on at once.
    She did  not have that situation. 
    I really loved it there and thought it was fantastic.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married there in March.  It's not over 200 in my experience.  I am getting their largest menu - which is a sit down with pasta and salad and entree with a cocktail hour and a viennese hour (which extends the event by 1 hour (6 total).  With tax and gratuity included on a Sat (on off season) it is less than $200. 

I would go there and see for yourself and talk to Ed or Anthony about options.  You don't have to get the biggest menu and would still have plenty of food imo.

The price also included cake, flowers (small rose arrangement) and linens.

It is a beautiful venue and definately worth taking a look.  I can tell you more after March 13th :)
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I've been to a wedding there and their other location on SI.  The food is very good. The wedding I went to at Addison Park was a smaller modified menu but the one on SI had all the bells and whistles - food was wonderful.  Asthetically Addison Park is very nice, I love all of the chandeliers.  I think the grounds will be pretty for photos.

The service at the tables was great except getting id'ed at 27 lol that was weird. I was at a day wedding - the service prior to the reception hall wasn't as spot on as other affairs, we weren't greeted in the lobby or told where to go. We had to guess when we were on time. But all in all, no complaints - I would definitely recommend it.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I almost forgot, there was another wedding going on at the same time as the one I attended and I think the two were scheduled too close together. The two brides actually got into a fight over it and whenever I had to go to the ladies room I would have to walk past people from the other wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also I was quoted $205 pp for a Saturday evening in May through October. Other time/months are slightly less. A Saturday evening in November, for instance, was $180 pp.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    180pp for what?  did it include tax, gratuity, cocktail hour and vienesse?  Just curious, because my rates are soo different. 
  • Options
    chrissy31805chrissy31805 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my sister got married there in august 07 and my best friend got married there in august 09. the food is pretty good and the vinnesian (sp?) hour is unbelievable. i was in the wp for both and our bartender, mark, took very good care of us the whole night. i know my friend paid $200+ per head for a sat nite in august but she also had everything you could possibly have on the menu.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The 180 pp included cocktail hour and I believe tax and gratuity but no vienesse. It was for the Addison menu. It was $165 for the Clarion menu.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess I got a good price then- oh well?
  • Options
    SimplySLBSimplySLB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my wedding there in like 23 days. (January 22, 2010). So far, my experience working with everyone at AP has been great. They've worked with me on all my crazy requests and came up wkith some great solutions for things I wanted to do, just wasn't sure how to pull off.

I am having a Friday night wedding, in January, using the Clarion menu with Viennesse hour and some additional apps and things. My price, including tax and gratuity is under $150pp. I am very pleased with the pricing and everything that I was able to negotiate into my contract.--including a minimum of 100 guests (when it's normally a lot higher!) My wedding will be the only event taking place that night and they are going to allow me to have 2.5 bays instead of 2--even though I don't really need the space, I just want it for the looks.

I went for a tasting and really enjoyed the food then. I asked for a bunch of changes to the menu, which they happily accomodated, at no extra cost. They are even making a few things that they have never done before.

I believe they are no longer offering the flower centerpieces in the package price. I opted to used a different florist then the house florist (Cherry Lane in Staten Island) and they gave me a credit to use however I wanted. I'm having a vodka louge--very excited about that, as I love vodka!

I'll definitely come back with reviews in a few weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards