New Jersey
Options

Venue search - etiquette question

HI ladies -

9 visits later we are almost ready to book a venue (whew!)  Here's my question:  should I call/email the places that don't make the cut, thank them for their time and say we went with something else? especially since a couple of the people we met with followed up with us.  What do you think?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Re: Venue search - etiquette question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You really don't have to do that. Vendors expect you to call them if you're interested not vice versa.

• Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't call anyone.  I think they will call you if they want follow up.  
    Photobucket
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You don't need to do that. If they call/e-mail you to follow up, you can say something like, "We've decided to go in another direction. Thank you for your time."

The only person I contacted on my own was the other photographer we met with, because I was concerned that she was holding our date and I didn't want her to miss out on other potential clients while she was waiting for us to get back to her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agreed. There is no need.
    Besides, that might come across to the vendor like you are trying to play hardball or something, and get them to counter offer.
    Guarantee they will all call to follow up at some point anyway.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Being married is a real thriller! =)

• Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you just met and discussed general terms w/ a vendor then you don't have to call. However if you discussed a date and they were going to hold that date for you or if you had very specific conversations I would let them know.
  • Options
    teacup0618teacup0618 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked at 10 places and did not contact any other than the one we chose unless they followed up with an email. Then we responded to thank them for their time but decided to go a different route.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, some called us...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No, you don't have to. You may get some people follow up with you--that is what happened with me. I just told them that I had went with another vendor.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

There was a possibility that I would be using some of my potential vendors for work events such as our big end of year retirement parties, so I sent them a thank you note.  If you have no need to use them for any events, no need to send a note or call.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    gibribuzgibribuz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't call any of the places that we passed on. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the helpful feedback!  I'll respond to the ones who emailed me as a follow up but won't bother with those who didn't.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards